Baja burner semi-permanent mounted inside

mrsa111

Observer
I need to make a decision on a stove for my van build pretty quick. I'm looking for a solution that'll be good for use inside maybe 80% of the time, but be able to use it outside as well. i'm also somewhat limited in size and height. I also want to use propane, which i understand can be done pretty easily with an adaptor.

My idea is to run two baja burners and build my interior counter top similar to the snow peak IGT table so the baja burners will be easy to take in and out. I'll maybe try to mount them a little more secure. Then have a IGT table that i keep in the van and can throw the stoves on when i want to cook outside.

Any problems anyone can see with a system like that? or any ideas for another solution?

keep in mind the size is a BIG factor for me. the low height would make my build MUCH easier than if i had a taller stove.

mrsa111

Observer
Nice, as long as it doesn't rattle inside.

You can get a Kovea adapter to connect propane to the Lindal threads, but then you'll have to deal with how to secure the propane canister, while the isopro canister can mount to the stove. Were it me, for that reason, I would just stick with isopro.

I always admired this setup (one of the coolest camper vans ever!):

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=422730&postcount=87

I'm mounting a propane tank under the van (hopefully a 10lb tank) trying to avoid using canisters. Will that adaptor work with a full size propane tank? or is there one that will?

Otherwise, keeping it secure i dont think should be a big deal, im sure i can come up with some kind of clamping system or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles