Family camping in a TC

redthies

Renaissance Redneck

Well that figures! They're all a little weird there:sombrero:

I've actually never seen any doubles other than in Az. I had no idea our neighbors in Alberta allowed it. They all flock to BC and clog up our world in the summer, but I've never been to their place in the RV season.

quickfarms

Adventurer
Too bad you can't just do it like the Canadians and pull doubles. They know how to recreate!

That's legal even in ca if you have the correct endorsements on your license

The only real problem with that setup is that it is over 65 feet in length. But that just requires a permit.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Not everyone wants to pull a giant toyhauler around.

Lol towing a double is 2x as much effort than a single trailer. A good friend does the double haul 2-3 times a yr. It's not easy and his 2nd trailer is a 1000lb racing Catamaran, not a heavy power boat. The big issue is length it's a major undertaking once you exit the highway, unless your in bfe all the time.

quickfarms

Adventurer
Lol towing a double is 2x as much effort than a single trailer. A good friend does the double haul 2-3 times a yr. It's not easy and his 2nd trailer is a 1000lb racing Catamaran, not a heavy power boat. The big issue is length it's a major undertaking once you exit the highway, unless your in bfe all the time.

It's not that difficult, with the proper training

I routinely drive my AWD motor home towing a 30' trailer and that can be interesting. Driving my two axle tractor towing double trailers is a lot easier to maneuver, except in reverse.

The key to driving either is preplanning your route. If you stay with the 18 wheelers it is not to difficult

You need a smart phone, tablet or laptop with internet connection to look at the aerial photos, I love google maps.

You will also need one of these

5af2ab9eaaeb8a027cb344c08a261de8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online