Weber Q 1200 or Magma Gas Grill?

Riptide

Explorer
We have had the small Magma Catalina for many years, first on out boat, and now behind our Sprinter. One thing I like about it is that it is a high quality piece of kit. All stainless steel; no cast pieces anywhere. Plus, it comes apart very easily, and it's simple and robust design makes it pretty easy to keep clean. I douse mine in oven cleaner, and it comes out pretty good. Plus, the individual parts are readily available from Magma, so it's easy to keep the thing running for years.

Honu

lost on the mainland
my small magma was because my boat past on build quality parts available etc
in general work better than some other in wind but some models had issues with blow out in higher winds

that Ronny Dahl of the Australian youtube channel had a fun review on the weber :) they look like really nice units and it might be one to get

also my magma fit perfect into my IGT and been thinking about a larger hotter one to fill two spaces :)

that said my small one is not good enough to really char out a steak ? its fine for heating up cooking but not grilling I am used to basically can cook but not create a good crust on meats and since its small a full up load of good fatty burgers will have flare up extreme

tend to cook on a griddle anyway but for corn on the cob or chicken and other things it works great for say a rib eye the small magma would not hanlde the larger ones will BUT for larger again I would go with something else

I think if a grill was your main cook source skip the magma if you are like me its a secondary to a griddle as the main they are OK and again build quality and parts and everything are really nice units

FJOE

Regular Dude
I have a Q1200 and its probably one of my favorite grills. I have never taken it on a trip, it sits on my rather small balcony. It heats quickly, and evenly. No hot spots, and its easy to clean. Also, the side tables detach (with some work) to make it even smaller.

burningac1d

You can read about both brands, they are represented here with certain models. But personally, I vote for Weber since after some market research I came into conclusion that they are the most durable during the exploitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke