New Gen 2.5 Monty Owner

BayMonty

Just picked up this Endeavor today. 121k miles! I've wanted one for a long long time. It was between this and a Sequoia. Having owned a Sequoia in the past (great vehicle BTW), and wanting some different, I'm glad I finally found one - and in this condition.

BayMonty1_opt.jpg

BayMonty4_opt.jpg

BayMonty3_opt.jpg

BayMonty

Thank you! MrGalantguy, they are 16" wheels. I just dropped her off at my mechanic next to my office and a full inspection will be performed. For a 17 year old rig, it has its quirks.

Center dash gauges take a long time to get up to real reading level
It's got the sporadic blinking wheels issue
The drivers seat needs to be reupholstered
The top needs to be resprayed as it was not waxed and protected regularly
Rear drivers side window regulator needs to be installed
Full fluids flush scheduled
+ whatever needs to be done mechanically

But I can't complain. I plan to keep this rig for a long time.

BayMonty

It has 1 year old BFG 33's, based on manufacture date on sidewall, that the previous owner installed 8 months ago. That alone was the difference on what I wanted to pay. He threw in the OEM wheel set as well (look in garage in pic #1) and the new window regulator.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I agree......if it looks good on the inside that seems fair. I wish there were rust-free Montero's available in my region....

BayMonty

kalieracer, I remember him saying something about having another person ready to buy from LA. There's another Endeavor in Sacramento. Same color scheme, riding on stock wheel setup and with the running board and mud flaps still on. Pretty much all stock. It's a 99' I believe...but high miles. I called into the dealership and they said it had an excellent maintenance history. You might want to check it out. There's also a 98' SR (same color scheme) with rear locker in Sac w/ 33's. they seem to be popping up a lot lately in NorCal!!!

Red_Diamonds

Observer
WOW, BEAUTIFUL! Wish mine was anywhere as good condition. I mean as in aesthetics. Mine is great mechanically with 200k miles. Body and interior, no rust but no love given.

kalieracer

Observer
I have 96 that I am getting the parts for a stroker rebuild with RPW cams and Headers + Ported and Polished heads. I missed out on a nice dark silver 96 for 1200 last week..

kalieracer, I remember him saying something about having another person ready to buy from LA. There's another Endeavor in Sacramento. Same color scheme, riding on stock wheel setup and with the running board and mud flaps still on. Pretty much all stock. It's a 99' I believe...but high miles. I called into the dealership and they said it had an excellent maintenance history. You might want to check it out. There's also a 98' SR (same color scheme) with rear locker in Sac w/ 33's. they seem to be popping up a lot lately in NorCal!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne