dynaproofing canvas reproofing compound from AUS?

and they coat the fabric with a product called dynaproofing:
http://www.eastsaddlery.co.nz/canvas-dynaproof-4liters

I've emailed a number of places in AUS (including trak shak, and wax converters) and nobody has been able to point me to a place to either purchase this product in the US, or have it shipped from AUS. I'm hoping that someone knows of a vendor that deals with AUS regularly and may be able to arrange shipping. I think there have been a number of AUS tents / trailers imported lately, and all the quality stuff uses this same canvas and proofing compound, so I won't be the only person in the US with this problem eventually.

Anyone have any ideas?

(not sure why, the forum wouldn't accept this all in one post)

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Do you know what it contains? Canvak is a natural canvas waterproofing liquid that can be brushed or sprayed. It contains pariffin wax and is available from Cabela's and Amazon. Good luck.

No, and I emailed a ton of people, both in the US, and us retailers of aus campers.

I ended up emailing with a really nice lady from wax converters and she was able to get approval to ship some over. They make 2 different kinds a solvent based and water based. They were only able to ship the water based because the other couldn't be air shipped.

Working on a house Reno, and haven't applied it yet. I'm sure there is probably some us equivalent, but didn't want to chance it.

The solvent based is supposed to be the better product, but took what I can get. I think it was roughly $500 to have 4 or 5 gallons shipped over.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

piecemeal

No, and I emailed a ton of people, both in the US, and us retailers of aus campers.

I ended up emailing with a really nice lady from wax converters and she was able to get approval to ship some over. They make 2 different kinds a solvent based and water based. They were only able to ship the water based because the other couldn't be air shipped.

Working on a house Reno, and haven't applied it yet. I'm sure there is probably some us equivalent, but didn't want to chance it.

The solvent based is supposed to be the better product, but took what I can get. I think it was roughly $500 to have 4 or 5 gallons shipped over.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

do you have any of it left? I could prob get away with a half gallon or a full gallon if you can spare it. I'll pay you got $$ for some....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles