Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado diesel narrowly beats Tacoma in head to head comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
    I was in the same boat. I ended up going with a Ecoboost F150, same cost as a Tacoma and I got way more truck.
    Think I am over vehicles in general, blame it on having a 60 mile round trip commute now, really starting to hate vehicles...all of them...nobody is building what I want and they are so dang expensive anymore. Don't feel like spend money on....well, anything. May get a more weather proof camper to replace the Wildernest, for the truck I already have and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Think I am over vehicles in general, blame it on having a 60 mile round trip commute now, really starting to hate vehicles...all of them...nobody is building what I want and they are so dang expensive anymore. Don't feel like spend money on....well, anything. May get a more weather proof camper to replace the Wildernest, for the truck I already have and call it good.
    I got mine on sale. It was right at 32,000 out the door. While it's far from cheap, in the world of brand new trucks trucks it was a great deal. 20171111_094819.jpg
    Last edited by Jnich77; 01-04-2018 at 02:19 AM.

I got mine on sale. It was right at 32,000 out the door. While it's far from cheap, in the world of brand new trucks trucks it was a great deal. 20171111_094819.jpg

Yeah not bad.

It is a bunch of different factors, after living through the last economic crash, moving, starting over, buying another house, rebuilding my business from scratch...kinda tired of loosing and spending money. Have a real hard time wanting to spend money on something that is going to loose money. Dunno, was once a petrol head...starting to loose interest in vehicles altogether.

I got mine on sale. It was right at 32,000 out the door. While it's far from cheap, in the world of brand new trucks trucks it was a great deal.
    Looks nice! 4wd? 2.7l? What trim?
    2016 Toyota Tundra SR 4x4 Double Cab Long Bed 5.7L..... DIY camper on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by rruff View Post
    Looks nice! 4wd? 2.7l? What trim?
    2wd, 2.7, XL. It has bucket seats and the big center console. The STX package tosses in some nice goodies.

2wd, 2.7, XL. It has bucket seats and the big center console. The STX package tosses in some nice goodies.
    That’s why it was so cheap, it’s 2wd.
    2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD V8
    2000 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    I don't think 4wd adds that much cost on a truck. My Tundra was $31.2k new.
    2016 Toyota Tundra SR 4x4 Double Cab Long Bed 5.7L..... DIY camper on the way...

Usually 4-6k

Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    Funny how $32K is considered cheap now-a-days...price of pickup trucks has gotten waaay out of hand. Have been reading that 84% of vehicles are financed and 33-34% of trade-ins have negative equity on them. Do wonder when the pickup truck bubble is gonna burst.

If you do some digging and are willing to go with a lower spec model, can find 4WD fullsizes sub $30K....if you really go bare bones, which trucks aren't really bare bones anymore. You can get a regular cab V6 4WD sub $25K. Remember when a simple regular cab truck is all a guy ever needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Funny how $32K is considered cheap now-a-days...price of pickup trucks has gotten waaay out of hand. Have been reading that 84% of vehicles are financed and 33-34% of trade-ins have negative equity on them. Do wonder when the pickup truck bubble is gonna burst.

If you do some digging and are willing to go with a lower spec model, can find 4WD fullsizes sub $30K....if you really go bare bones, which trucks aren't really bare bones anymore. You can get a regular cab V6 4WD sub $25K. Remember when a simple regular cab truck is all a guy ever needed...
    I don't know if the truck bubble will burst. Sure there are a lot of pretenders financing everything, but trucks, especially heavy duty ones are usually bought as dual purpose vehicles and for cash or reasonable finance terms- if there is such a thing. I don't so much think pricing for what we get I out of hand, I just think peoples perception of what they need is out of hand. Someone was talking the other day about crazy house prices compared to their parents days- even though their parents lived in a house third the size of what they think is required and it didn't have granite countertops and an outdoor kitchen--- but they lived just fine.
    Well, a hooker would get the joke.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast