DIY Propane Firepit

Robert Bills

Explorer
Very good idea!!!!

BTW - Those of you who mentioned Campfire in a Can as an alternative for a propane campfire should take notice that every product on Campfire in a Can's website is listed as "out of stock." There is a reason for this and it relates to the owner of the company defrauding participants in a Kickstarter project for their alleged "3 in 1" product. Essentially, the owner of the company took the money and used it to remodel his house then falsely claimed the funds had been "spent" trying to work out quality control issues with the finished product. The company is functionally defunct. The website is still operation but they have nothing to sell and do not respond to inquiries. See https://www.kelownanow.com/watercoo...3/Kelowna_Based_Kickstarter_Goes_up_in_Smoke/ and The Campfire in a Can Fraud Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/185925258430992/

Now back to our regular programming - congratulating java for his ammo can innovation.

java

Expedition Leader
That is a killer idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the copper burner would melt/deform after a long burn?
Doubt it, I made an earlier more ghetto version that was a copper coil, never had issues with that. It didn't have rocks though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VicMackey

Adventurer
Well, it would look sweet next to my M101 trailer. At this point I don't see how I could not make one.

Thanks again for the great idea.

Full disclosure: when I get compliments at the campsite, I am not giving you any credit at all. :elkgrin:

java

Expedition Leader
Well, it would look sweet next to my M101 trailer. At this point I don't see how I could not make one.

Thanks again for the great idea.

Full disclosure: when I get compliments at the campsite, I am not giving you any credit at all. :elkgrin:

Cheap and easy to make! :sombrero: if you make it you get credit right??

20DYNAMITE07

Just along for the ride
So cool! I was planning on purchasing a Campfire in a Can, but since I have a ton of ammo cans this will be my next project! BTW, if you don't produce these as a cottage industry, someone else will...especially if they are half the price of a CC. Good luck.

That's a good point... OP you might want to see about filing a patent or something. I wouldn't be surprised to see this being marketed in a heartbeat. It's just such a cool idea!

Love it-
Well done!

java

Expedition Leader
That's a good point... OP you might want to see about filing a patent or something. I wouldn't be surprised to see this being marketed in a heartbeat. It's just such a cool idea!

Love it-
Well done!

Its a thought, but I dont even know where to start....

java

Expedition Leader
How much runtime does a 5 lb tank have with this set-up?
Not sure yet honestly. My tank was almost empty and it ran for a few hours. Still running.... I'll keep track when I get it filled again

motorcycle matt

Out of curiosity, why aren't there any holes at the bottom for air draw? I plan on building one of these cool fire makers and compliment you on your creativity and appreciate you sharing it with us.

java

Expedition Leader
Out of curiosity, why aren't there any holes at the bottom for air draw? I plan on building one of these cool fire makers and compliment you on your creativity and appreciate you sharing it with us.
Don't know, doesn't really need it. You want it burning rich to keep the flames yellow

buckwilk

Observer
Ingenious, I wonder what other metal container could be used to allow more warmth and perhaps a better view of the flames. Maybe an older beer keg?

java

Expedition Leader
Ingenious, I wonder what other metal container could be used to allow more warmth and perhaps a better view of the flames. Maybe an older beer keg?
Keg would work, much larger though. Moving the burner up would help

AaronK

Explorer
I'm thinking about stealing your idea but custom modding the ammo can to be thinner

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles