1996 Land Rover Discovery

AbnMike

Observer
Is this still available?

It is, current status is I still need to put in the injectors and button it all up. The exmoor trim kit won't arrive until mid-October. I am not putting it up for auction or seriously advertising it until that happens - but if someone really wants it they can buy it and I'll mail the trim kit to the new buyer when it arrives. It's this kit - which is not a slip on cover, but a re-trim kit: http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/our-mod...im-cover-kits/brown-logo-2-seat-trim-kit.html

Last edited:

AbnMike

Observer
Given how pristine the top half of the engine was I had to go ahead and clean out the little bit of baked on junk inside the covers, and then paint them red so it goes faster. Also got all 8 new injectors in. I thought about testing each original and only replacing any with a poor spray pattern, but the later Bosch 19lb injectors are a huge improvement according to the other Land Rover owners, with a much better spray pattern - probably won't help much with mpg given that it's a Land Rover but will improve start ups (not that this one has ever had a problem) and idle and most importantly, burn better which helps emissions. So I just replaced all 8.

Attachments

• clean covers.jpg
    clean covers.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 109
  • valve cover 2.jpg
    valve cover 2.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

AbnMike

Observer
Unfortunately I already picked up a used Honda Ridgeline, so my trade offer is out (need to update my initial posting).

Still waiting on the Exmoor seat covers to come from England and once they're on it will go up for auction. Not going to find many (if any) code-free and rust free early Disco 1s out there....even ones I see sell here for more have engine codes or ABS codes. Not this one.

grizzlywolf

Unfortunately I already picked up a used Honda Ridgeline, so my trade offer is out (need to update my initial posting).

Still waiting on the Exmoor seat covers to come from England and once they're on it will go up for auction. Not going to find many (if any) code-free and rust free early Disco 1s out there....even ones I see sell here for more have engine codes or ABS codes. Not this one.

I really love the disco! Im in Michigan, trying to figure out If I want to come and take a look in person

AbnMike

Observer
I would trade for a great condition 1985 or 1986 Honda ATC 250R or ATC 350X plus some cash. (looking at $5,000 cash plus the trike depending on the condition of the trike. More cash as condition degrades).

AbnMike

Observer
Update: I received the new seat trim from the UK, but it was black. I thought about it and then decided it looked cool....but then discovered once my seats were out and torn down that they sent the early seat version, not the later, and it wouldn't fit.

So they're re-sending the tan with the LR logo seats posted somewhere in this thread above and they should arrive this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles