Adding a pull out table under a fridge slide or drop slide

JCDriller

Adventurer
Spent Sunday modifying my Easy Slide 150 fridge drop slide to house a pull out table underneath it similar to the Tembo Tusk drop slide. Just wanted to share the results.

First I cut the front of the Easy Slide off.
PX6q4IS.jpg

cut a few pieces of 1.5x1.5" 1/8" steel angle
KjbCW7V.jpg

I order a piece of 10 gauge pre cut to 29"x15.25, fits like a glove. A hole to match drop slide's existing hole will be added to reduce weight.
LW82HoA.jpg

Bolted the risers to the side
JZBRbUd.jpg

Bolted two KV 26" slides to the bottom, 1 locking, 1 not.
7q5aVa4.jpg

tbGCyW1.jpg

For the table to I found a Husky took box topper that fit with minimal modification.
BK724t3.jpg

Risers painted and table installed
4PH5qJT.jpg

The risers were tapped, a hole was cut into the top plate to match the hole in the bottom of the drop slide, top was painted and bolted down. I wanted to weld this, but the order of operations inhibited welding as it would have kept me from disassembling if needed in the future.
opImvUD.jpg

Fridge mounted
NVqV1mv.jpg

Table pulled out
k1ToXJ3.jpg

Fridge and table pulled out, fridge still drops down 85% of original drop with table out, but handle does get very close to table.
ERL4VZU.jpg

TLpuSHr.jpg

wpiP6lW.jpg

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
'butcher block' panels akin to what the OP used are available at Home Depot and Lowes. IIRC they are 3/4" thick.

Or you could glue-lam your own out of various contrasting woods for visual interest ;)

storagebuild151.jpg

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Looks nice! Question: How much vertical deflection (and/or how much weight will the table hold without drooping) on the table at full extension using the flat drawer sliders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles