Microsoft adds a "Surface Plus" 0% interest plan

haven

Expedition Leader
Most of us travel with a laptop or tablet. Here's an incentive to choose Microsoft's products.

Microsoft joins Apple in offering a zero % interest plan for purchases of its Surface line of computers. Unlike Apple, which offers terms that span 18 months, Microsoft is offering 24 month terms.

Similar to smartphone manufacturers and carriers, Microsoft is offering upgrades to new devices after 18 months. Note that these terms are for USA only. Microsoft may offer similar plans in other countries.

For example, a Surface Pro with removable keyboard might cost $40-$100 a month, depending on processor and storage options. Rental of Windows and Office are extra. After 18 months, trade it in for the newest model.

This is nothing you couldn't do yourself with third party financing (Best Buy offers 15 months with zero interest, for example), and resale via Craigslist after 18 months. But having Microsoft handle the transaction simplifies the process.

Here's the Microsoft web page about Surface Plus
https://microsoftsurfaceplus.com/?icid=SurfacePlus_cat_Hero_GetStarted

MobTuff

Observer
I have a Windows 8.1 laptop mounted in my vehicle for use with navigation. I prefer using Windows due to the flexibility the OS has over say Apple gear but no one seems to want to make windows apps. A lot of the applications I see people using on their vehicles do not have a Windows equivalent. Any suggestions on what programs you'd be using on the surface? Thanks.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Wonder if they are doing what they can to push more units since their reliability scores are in the toilet and CR just "delisted" them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles