2017 F350 Rock Sliders?

apx2apx

Hi WangosTango,
Are yours being built as frame mounted. I have a 2014 and looking for a frame mounted option. There is such limited frame open areas to mount the sliders for proper strength. Definitely looking for ideas. I built similar ones to White Knuckles for my old Tundra and looking to build the same for the super duty. Thank you in advance. Would like to hear others thoughts on mounting on the frame.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
My plan is to turn off the drop-down steps on the truck when I am wheeling in questionable terrain. Of course, this only helps to prevent damage to the step itself should I open the door and not the rocker panels. I would like some actual true rock sliders for these trucks and if/when someone builds/sells a decent one then I will look into buying some. Until then I plan to keep the truck out of the gnarly stuff in order to avoid that type of damage.

On a side note, my other half is really into the truck so far and is considering getting another new Superduty over the Landcruiser she initially wanted. If that's the case, I might end up giving her the current one and building myself a proper Overlander out of a new XL or XLT base optioned F-350 truck, possibly even with a utility or flat bed for a slide-in camper.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I don't know if it would even hurt them if you left them turned on. I've seen guys stick their hand in there and close the steps on it, and they stop with any resistance, but I wouldn't do it. Reminds me of my grandpa having someone back the truck over his foot to see if his steel toe boots worked lol.

Bojak

Adventurer
Build them. 2x3x .25 wall box tubing for "step" with some 2" round tube back to frame. Angle tabs at end of round tube. Mark, drill, and tap tabs into frame. Install with grade 8 hardware. At least that's the recipe I'm going with on 2006 2500HD. It will be substantially stronger than running boards or nerf bars. Bulletproof? I don't know. What is?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Does any one know of a company that makes rock sliders for new 2017 F350s? These trucks sit up high and really need some type of running board at the very least. I'm wondering if there is a company that makes a decent set of rock sliders that I could get in stead of ordering factory running boards?

Troy

Get the AMP Research sliding steps. They're a work of art. Sturdy,near silent and well built.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne