2017 F350 Rock Sliders?

TFree

Does any one know of a company that makes rock sliders for new 2017 F350s? These trucks sit up high and really need some type of running board at the very least. I'm wondering if there is a company that makes a decent set of rock sliders that I could get in stead of ordering factory running boards?

Troy

Cyph86

Does any one know of a company that makes rock sliders for new 2017 F350s? These trucks sit up high and really need some type of running board at the very least. I'm wondering if there is a company that makes a decent set of rock sliders that I could get in stead of ordering factory running boards?

Troy
I have had trouble finding anyone that builds rocksliders for full size rigs. Normally its some "universal" fit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable

Troy

I ended up getting the Westin hdx running boards. They look like sliders from 10 foot away, but are really just formed sheetmetal steps with cut out steps. They mounted to the body not the frame, but I don't plan on doing anything in the truck to need sliders, especially as tall as it is.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't think there is a company that makes sliders for that big of a truck being that new. However, you might luck out and find a company looking for a donor truck to mock up some sliders for mass production. Worth a shot anyway.

You might be better off going custom. More expensive tho.

Do companies even make sliders for 350's for any year? I cant imagine the demand is that high.

Ryan Graham

I sent an email to rocky road because I like their super sliders, but they said they have a two month backlog of their current products and have no interest in entering the domestic truck market. I need some as well

Betarocker

Adventurer
Sliding a 4 ton truck over rocks will need some serious beef to them. I went the opposite way and don't have any extras hanging down to get in the way; AMP steps.

Washnwaxside.jpg

Cyph86

I ended up getting the Westin hdx running boards. They look like sliders from 10 foot away, but are really just formed sheetmetal steps with cut out steps. They mounted to the body not the frame, but I don't plan on doing anything in the truck to need sliders, especially as tall as it is.
Running boars are most certainly not even remotely a good substitute for rock sliders. Although rock sliders can double as running boards.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Sliding a 4 ton truck over rocks will need some serious beef to them. I went the opposite way and don't have any extras hanging down to get in the way; AMP steps.

View attachment 413306

You're definitely right about that. I don't necessarily intend to use them as a slider, so much as rocker panel protection from bumping into anything. I'd fully expect 8500 lbs to be able damage them if used in a true slider scenario.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Running boars are most certainly not even remotely a good substitute for rock sliders. Although rock sliders can double as running boards.

I agree 100%, I thought my post was pretty clear on this. I just threw it out as an option, since they are tucked up tight and the truck sits really high off the ground.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Have you looked at the body location with respect to the chassis on these new super duty trucks?

The body hangs quite a bit lower than the chassis.

Because of this, sliders are considerably more difficult to build properly., as that 8k+ amount of weight that they are supposed to support, apply a monster amount of leverage force to the chassis when used.

Ive looked at building a set for my own truck, and wouldnt bother, unless I also built additional chassis cross members into the equation, to transfer that weight from one side of the chassis to the other, as I doubt the open C channel frame would be up to the task without deflection.

All that said, Im leaning more towards a reinforcing of the lower quarters, the pinch weld, providing a solid surface to drop the body on, with the additional of low profile steps. They would allow for considerably more clearance than the true sliders, and under most situations would provide just as much protection to the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz