Tepui rtts

VicMackey

Adventurer
Gseim, what is completely going over your head is:

Its not so much people blindly supporting Tepui, it people strongly disliking your attempt to strong arm Tepui. You came in pounding your chest screaming "Don't you know who I am"? " I have XXXXX number of followers"!

You sit here and talk about marketing 101 and whatnot, when its your words and actions that turned people (and probably Tepui) against you. Take some of your own advice and market yourself better.

You may not see it (yet), but you came in here like a big bully, instead of like the victim that you feel you are.

I am not attacking you, just letting you know how you look to me. I would bet good money that the majority in this and the other thread agree with me.

Stryder106

Explorer
Yesterday, I was outside looking at my Eezi-Awn mounted on my Av, and for the life of me I couldn't imagine a normal exploring/camping scenario where I would need to crawl or stand on top of it. If I want to stand on top of my vehicle - I built a really stout (and heavy) roof rack for that.

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Yesterday, I was outside looking at my Eezi-Awn mounted on my Av, and for the life of me I couldn't imagine a normal exploring/camping scenario where I would need to crawl or stand on top of it. If I want to stand on top of my vehicle - I built a really stout (and heavy) roof rack for that.

Not sure as to your model, but the EeziAwn ones I've had experience with are put together a bit more... logically than what we see often in the US.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Twice I've tried to respond to the dent's in rtt thread. Despite being logged in and completely complying my posts don't show. I've PMd mods and been told this is a recurring problem. I wonder if it's a recurring problem if the product being discussed is an advertiser ?

buckwilk, I sent a message to you to letting you know that I checked things over and we've been experiencing this issue. I asked if the problem had been resolved and requested you log in and out again. You never responded to my message or reached out in anyway. If you had, my next course of action would have been to bring in a tech who knows these systems better to address the issue. I assure you that the moderators, our service, and our willingness to help people has nothing to do with who is an advertiser or not. Right now we don't know what the problem is, and unfortunately we can't figure it out without working with folks experiencing it.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
My only real issue is the appearance that gseim came here not to be a contributing member of the community but to simply be-atch about a product he bought. Hey, if you don't like the product or company, don't buy anything else from them. Getting back to the auto example, there have been lots of companies that have had paint peeling issues that shouldn't have happened. Some of the companies paid to fix the problem and some didn't. You then make the choice going forward who you want to do business with. You want to complain? Great! Do it and move on. And if you've got nothing else to add to this site then take a hike (with a ground tent :) ).

The only reason I'm coming down on you now is because YOU WON'T DROP IT!! Life isn't always fair. Get used to it.

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
Not sure as to your model, but the EeziAwn ones I've had experience with are put together a bit more... logically than what we see often in the US.

Honestly i get on-top of mine every-time i need to close it.. we keep our sleeping bag and pillows inside so it needs a little extra OOMF, to get it closed correctly. When i had it ontop of my excusion, i always had to get up there.. when its on my tundra i can get away with just standing on the bed rail. but my Howling Moon, has no dents........

Box Rocket

I have more insight directly from Tepui.
First off, I would ask where Tepui explicitly states that you can stand or kneel on your tent? Neither are recommended simply because they are not designed to be platforms but rather tents to be slept in. It was expressed in the other thread as the response directly from Tepui that nowhere in their instruction, online videos or FAQ does it say the tents are designed to be stood on, kneeled on or sat on.
Photos that are posted by Tepui customers on social media (that have been referenced as part of this discussion) does not constitute an endorsement of any particular use of our product. It is also suspect that anyone at Tepui would have recommended someone stand on their tent, ruggedized or not. Again it is not something that is recommended.

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
I have more insight directly from Tepui.
First off, I would ask where Tepui explicitly states that you can stand or kneel on your tent? Neither are recommended simply because they are not designed to be platforms but rather tents to be slept in. It was expressed in the other thread as the response directly from Tepui that nowhere in their instruction, online videos or FAQ does it say the tents are designed to be stood on, kneeled on or sat on.
Photos that are posted by Tepui customers on social media (that have been referenced as part of this discussion) does not constitute an endorsement of any particular use of our product. It is also suspect that anyone at Tepui would have recommended someone stand on their tent, ruggedized or not. Again it is not something that is recommended.
Well Said! I think its suffice to say many products in this marketplace, are miss represented by what social media says. Or what "other people do"
Just cause i "can" jump my long travel truck, doesn't mean it was intended to do that all day long..
Just because you can jump one or beat on one doesn't mean all coil-over setups are built the same way. I live local, get business from this industry, and highly support the guys over at Tepui. They have always been nice and professional to me!

Drumber

Observer
Forum bug I can believe. But dude I did not know they are an advertiser. If true that might explain the hostility and personal attacks I received when I started talking about problems with my Tepui that they refused to deal with. There seems to be a bunch of Tepui apologists on here. I was like, what world am I in and when did Tepui become it's overlords :wings:

You are annoying. Go away and solve the problem on your own. (side note, your photography is really great.)

Stryder106

Explorer
Honestly i get on-top of mine every-time i need to close it.. we keep our sleeping bag and pillows inside so it needs a little extra OOMF, to get it closed correctly. When i had it ontop of my excusion, i always had to get up there.. when its on my tundra i can get away with just standing on the bed rail. but my Howling Moon, has no dents........

OOooooooooooooooo - you have a Howling Moon - I'm kinda jealous. I tried to get one of those for 5 months before I gave up and got the Eezi-Awn.

eviioiive

Observer
This is kinda like that one guy you've known your whole life and never heard him cuss until that one time . It made that one time mean more.

This forum has been friendly, open, welcoming, helpful... until that one time. It should mean something that so many members here are making this that one time. Ban hammer the problem and let's get back to it

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
OOooooooooooooooo - you have a Howling Moon - I'm kinda jealous. I tried to get one of those for 5 months before I gave up and got the Eezi-Awn.

Yeah honestly i wanted the Eezi-awn, but the HM is all i could get...how ever i love the star gazer option on my HM...so thats a added plus. My parents have a 23zero, and i love the built in anex that it comes with. Great price on those 23zeros.
i normally would care about Thread jacking but i feel like this thread has been beat to death..... lol
And yeah i love the tent, it gets used and abused very hard...keeps on ticking.

gseim

As someone else mentioned, I have no doubt if I was speaking of a generic brand like Smittybuilt people would have had little problem with me complaining about a quality!

What may be worse than the durability of my Tepui is a company who blows us off as customers and even sits by while people mock and attack us for speaking up. The crazy thing is I truly wanted to Like Tepui, all they had to do to make me a loyal customer was work to resolve my issue in a fair manner. This has been more than a look at how to improve RTT's, it's been an inside peek into a true customer service failure and how it could have been easily avoided.

I do plan to finish a fair video that brings together both pros and cons but I would really like to find some brands that have a more durable floor and maybe use that to compare in my review. I'll look at Eezi-awn but if anyone knows others who use more durable materials please chime in so I can research them. I'm sure the Tepui Ruggedized is nice but I think that's off my list of potentials for higher quality based on Tepui's complete failure at the customer service aspect. A good product not backed by solid and caring company will always be less than great. I figure there are companies that make a sturdy product that also really care more about customer satisfaction.

What's the floor like on the Howling Moon and others? Does anyone else use diamond plate or how about a sturdy composite material? I don't plan to engage with negativity or name calling or even respond to it; life's too short.What would be great is more input on tents. Let's all figure out what our options are so we can make informed choices and help people avoid this kind of frustration in the future.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94