Identify this 92 e350 ambulance conversion

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Which bushings? Sway bar looks like OEM Ford. Spring wouldn't be hard to measure up and buy. Polyurethane can be turned after freezing.

Deshet

Adventurer
I have that goofy stop on mine in picture number 6.
I don't have as many leafs up front but the conversion looks the same.
Is your ambulance made by AEV and can you show a picture of your 4 wheel drive engage light.
Does it look like this?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 81

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Hmm looks like Salem Kroger.

Really? Dayyyum. I was going to say home-brew backyard hack job. I thought the rear spring hanger looked like something that was hacked out of a different application to make work in this one.

Remind me to steer clear of Salem-Kroger in the future.

kccourtney

Observer
Hmm looks like Salem Kroger.

Yep. There's a couple small differences from the SK I had but overall looks like the same approach and your van is 7 years older than mine was. My front shackles were a bit different and I didn't have that huge stop tower welded onto the axle. But I'd recognize that sway bar and steering components anywhere. If you are the recent post inquiring on this in SMF, I added a bit more detail there.

Deshet

Adventurer
Mine is a 1996 but it looks close enough to this one that I think they are the same builder.

Here are more pictures of mine....It is an Imovie sorry but it is the fastest way to share so many pictures. I need to make some repairs in the rear it looks like a lift block moulded into the rear sway bar it is failing on both sides.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByYtUPR2Ywn9VTR0S3QwM0dEQzg/view?usp=sharing

Mine rides great. It does only have 90,000 miles but it rides better than my other 4x4 conversion that I have owned.

If it is a SK I am assuming that all of the wear items should be the same from as a 1995 F350

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles