Blue Sea ML-ACR Contra Switch, worth hooking up?

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
i just want to make clarification so i don't get stranded this week... i have the ACR wired without the contra switch for the time being... there are 3 options for the yellow knob on the ACR it self..
since the directions don't explain it that well.. option 1: lock out which means no matter what the batteries are disconnected, option 2: the batteries are on auto, and the logic of the ACR takes over. Option 3 is when the Knob is on option 2, but then you push the button in and that connects the batteries together.....
is this correct?

blahhhhhh

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Yeah, using the knob.

When you leave it in the default position it will work automatically. Snap shut when the engine is running using the combine @ 30 sec with 13.5V or combine @ 90 sec with 13.0V. Then when the engine off the switch will open @ 10 sec with 12.35V or open @ 30 sec with 12.75V.

In this position if you push the button in the middle it will override the automatic combine logic and manually connect that batteries regardless of voltage. This override lasts for 10 minutes before the logic evaluates again. The assumption is this a self-jump, winch session or something, so if your engine isn't running or you haven't connected a charger it should decide to open based on the voltage. You can push the button again to combine the batteries manually.

If you turn the outer knob to the open position it will lock into the isolate condition and never combine. If the relay is currently pulled in it will snap open when you turn the knob.

Last edited:

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
Yeah, using the knob.

When you leave it in the default position it will work automatically. Snap shut when the engine is running using the combine @ 30 sec with 13.5V or combine @ 90 sec with 13.0V. Then when the engine off the switch will open @ 10 sec with 12.35V or open @ 30 sec with 12.75V.

In this position if you push the button in the middle it will override the automatic combine logic and manually connect that batteries regardless of voltage. This override lasts for 10 minutes before the logic evaluates again. The assumption is this a self-jump, winch session or something, so if your engine isn't running or you haven't connected a charger it should decide to open based on the voltage. You can push the button again to combine the batteries manually.

If you turn the outer knob to the open position it will lock into the isolate condition and never combine. If the relay is currently pulled in it will snap open when you turn the knob.

thanks! thats what i thought but just wanted to make sure.. the pdf file doesn't really say it that clear. but thats what i could gather.

blahhhhhh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles