Issue with Tuipi RTT

Advskimedic

CFE1C523-E12D-4C91-8BC8-7785047E0FDD.jpgC2E324C9-3451-4B4C-85E2-FF07A29B0DE8.jpgSo I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my RTT. I purchased my RTT new about five years ago, since I first started using it the ladder when stored under the protective cover has literally rubbed a grove in the bottom of the tent, after a few uses I stated to put a towel between the tent bottom and the ladder to prevent this wear.

secondly, The sides have been gradually pulling out of their tracks a little bit every time I close up the tent. I've tried several different methods of pushing the material back into the track with no luck. I don't want to completely disassemble the tent and not be able to put it back together.

Last edited:

eaneumann

Adventurer
For the ladder wear, I would epoxy a couple of small squares of diamond plate where the ladders feet rest. Will have to see pictures for your other issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_beck

The part that is sliding out has to be slid in from the ends. Is the plastic rod inside if the blue nylon sheath no longer holding up?

I have a Ruggedized tent so my floor is already diamondplate aluminum, you need to use that red strap to keep the ladder from extending. I would recommend a strap to keep the ladder held down.

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
It looks like you still have the protective plastic coating on the bottom of the tent. Peel that off and the bottom should look much better. Some people glue a mat or plate under the ladder to protect it, I haven't gotten around to doing that so I just be careful and lift the ladder slightly while extending it.

I just fixed a similar problem with the sides on mine. The tent body might have shifted in the tracks and is causing it to pull out of the sides. To fix it you need to shift the tent beading little by little, working your way around until you can slip it back into the groove, the shift it all back until it aligned. You'll probably need to do top and bottom at the same time while it's folded. Takes longer to explain than to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94