Observer
I'm wondering if you can get a screen for insect control
I'm I'm mn and mosquitoes are definitely an issue
Thanks

Herrawesome

I'm wondering if you can get a screen for insect control
I'm I'm mn and mosquitoes are definitely an issue
Thanks

We bought a mosquito bed net and drape it over the door. Sorry for the poor photo quality.
934e6b18e1c55ab50c8314bb3fb571e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I don't have a picture, but I tuck netting around the bar in the middle of my FP. Makes it easier to work/cook/etc on the tailgate and rear of bed. I used to velcro it around the tailgate/liftgate, but this works better.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
We bought a mosquito bed net and drape it over the door. Sorry for the poor photo quality.
934e6b18e1c55ab50c8314bb3fb571e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do similar...

ALSO...I DO NOT COOK on my tailgate...the cooking smoke and smells get in the tent and makes everything stink...when Im using it as a table I close the upper hatch (mines a window) to keep bugs out...

dcwn.45

Observer
It seems to me that a zippered screen to close off the sleeping area would be the way to go.
Then there's no issue with getting in and out of the truck bed but you can have the same bug protection as a tent for sleeping
I wonder why they don't do that

Keyne

Adventurer
Maybe a zipper screen for the bed area and some form of mounted screen with magnetic closure for the bed entrance? We have a Sprinter with a side door screen that has a magnetic opening/closure in the middle of the screen so when you go in and out it quickly opens and closes without needing to unzip the screen. Works really really well.

Clutch

<---Pass
It seems to me that a zippered screen to close off the sleeping area would be the way to go.
Then there's no issue with getting in and out of the truck bed but you can have the same bug protection as a tent for sleeping
I wonder why they don't do that

Maybe a zipper screen for the bed area and some form of mounted screen with magnetic closure for the bed entrance? We have a Sprinter with a side door screen that has a magnetic opening/closure in the middle of the screen so when you go in and out it quickly opens and closes without needing to unzip the screen. Works really really well.

The old Wildernests had a rear screen option that velcroed in. I have one for mine but never use it. Have to remember to keep the tailgate/hatch closed, otherwise it seems to draw all kinds of insects including mosquitos inside the tent. (and the occasional humming bird)

Guess you could simply screen off the sleeping area, but still going to get bugs inside the tent if the tailgate/hatch is kept open.

20100901_2092.jpg

Last edited:

Rivers2run

Observer
I plan to put a tension curtain rod in the Habitat then sew a fine mesh screen with velcro on either side. My habitat has the carpet interior I will velcro the sides. I plan to have magnets in the center of the door for closure. I don't have my Habitat yet but I might velcro the the top as well depends on how well the velcro sticks. You could use snaps on the sides if you don't have the fabric. I have a bed rug on my floor so velcro will work on the bottom, a weighted hem, or magnets. I don't think this will be a difficult project. I will likely treat the screen with the pyrethrin they have for treating clothes. The opening above could likely be fabricated from a camping tent. You could cut out the screen door panel and cut and sew to fit the opening. A friend re-purposed a tent he pick up at a yard sale, made a dandy privy tent, and it cost something like $20.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles