Square Body Suburban Roof Rack... show me

CHAMP:t

Those of you with the square body era Suburbans, can you show me what you are using for mounts and rack? Seems like anything I find for my '86 will end up having to drill holes for a secure mount. If there is another option for mounting, I am all for it, but not opposed to doing it secure and drilling the holes in the roof. My predicament in more along the lines of how and what to use. I've yet to see anything made specifically for our generation suburban's. I don't mind the idea of fabbing something up, but work rarely allows such freedoms. Time off I prefer to reserve for actually going somewhere, lol.

Anyway, post up pics and ideas and what you found difficult, etc... has anyone ever mounted solar panels? That's my next step. Found a great deal on a setup, but I'm not going to buy it until I have a solid idea of a roof rack mounting system.

ClovisMan

Observer
I am also too chicken to drill holes in my roof.I used a Yakima MegaWarrior on rain gutter bars.
attachment.php

attachment.php

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
The factory drilled holes to mount the stock rack. They used rivnuts. Most of them don't leak. Don't be scared!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles