Vario 814 cab heating problem

Squiddlydiddly

Hi all,

I could have sworn I saw a thread here some time ago about someone who said their cab heating was constantly on. Someone said there was a switch in the engine compartment that needs to be switched over for summer/winter usage and they put up a pic.

I tried to find the thread again but after endless searches I can't locate it.

Any of you have an idea of what I am on about? Basically, I can't stop hot air running through the outlets even when the dial is turned to cold. Have tried everything and all dial combinations. It reduces it, but driving in Spain my wife almost expired. . . the linkages closing and opening seem to be working fine. . .

Cheers

Steve

jostein

Adventurer
Having the same problem, although less severe when driving in norway😀. Did not now that it is supposed to be a valve.

Squiddlydiddly

I remember that the thread I read asked if others had the same problem and someone then said there was a switch/valve/cutoff under the bonnet. They posted a pic and from memory it was located top right of the engine bay. I went to look the other day and could not find anything in that area or indeed anything that might be it.

So I have searched extensively in this forum and online and have come up with nothing. So frustrating!

If its just a design fault then I can deal with that. . . I'll by some extra fans for the cab area to try to compensate. . . but I can't believe Ze Germans would have left that as a design fault!

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Mine turns on and off with the dash controls.
It may be that the on/off valve is stuck?

docka

Adventurer
It's usually a cable that's got stuck in its sleeve, why not just take the dash apart and see what you find around the heater matrix area?

part time nomad

Adventurer
As a temporary measure, you could just take the heater pipe off and link it back to the engine, so no water runs through the matrix or even just crimp one of the pipes to stop the flow, thats all the valve does anyway.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
My old Renault Master based camper had the same problem. Cheap Vice-Grips knock-off clamped to the pipe in Summer. Removed in winter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles