LP Outback Lift?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
How big is the job to install the LP 2" lift on an out back? I'm selling my LR3 right now to get a 2015 Outback and will want to Lift it a little. Also who's size tire do most people run on the set up? I love how the 4xpedition Outback looks.

IMG_7165.jpg

iluvdrt

Brat Driver
The LP, like most others is rather simple. Lift blocks on top of the struts and sub frame spacers. Lots of other companies are out there as well. I am partial to Anderson Design and Fabrication, but largely they all do the same thing. ADF does offer larger kits FWIW. An alignment will be needed after installing the lift. You shouldn't need anything more than some jack stands, a good height jack, and hand tools.

I think for tires I have seen people run a 235/65/17, but asking on FB may yield you better results. Groups like "Mountain Roo Brotherhood" are invaluable for "Subie Newbies" getting into the realm of Subaru Off roading and overlanding.

-Jason Osborne

vhercules

245/65/17 works with stock 17 inch rims with no lift and with the 2 inch lift with rear subframe spacers. the 2 inch lift pushes the rear wheels forward so to accommodate bigger tires you need rear subframe spacers.
With a 1 inch lift 235/65/17 works without subframe spacers. It costs $150 for the 1 inch spacers. Easy to install, there are videos on YouTube.
Patrick from ADF is pretty good at explaining this and answering any questions regarding the lift.

Hal43

As mentioned, the LP Aventure kit is simple to install as are most of the others. The thing I like about their kit is that things like the subframe spacers to correct wheel position and longer exhaust hangers are included in the kit.

My 2015 Outback with the LP Aventure 2" lift installed.

3p6JYHh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne