Replace cigarette lighter plugs with heavy-duty weatherproof connectors?

boznian2

My trailer came with cigarette lighter connections between the (external) battery and trailer internals. The female housing is built into the fiberglass and wired to the inside. The male connectors are wired to the battery. For the obvious reasons I would like to replace these with something more robust and weatherproof. A key consideration though is to fill the round hole with what is sure to be a square or rectangular plug? I would like to minimize the amount of caulk/fill/gasketing necessary. Any ideas? Thx

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes that is very poor practice, please publish the company name so people know to avoid.

Andersons with a weatherproof bootie.

boznian2

Thanks for the reply. The only Anderson product that I can find that fits my application is waterproof only when disconnected with the little rubber seal/door snapped closed. I need something that can remain connected and waterproof.

boznian2

I did a search for "MS type circular connector" and found about 800 different types:Wow1:
That's going to take some research. I did find a marine deck style connector on Amazon that looked promising, except it 'usually ships in 1-2 months'.

ollifl

I'd go with Marinco or Blue Sea outlets, I had them on my boats and never had any problems, Florida salt water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles