A.D.D bilstein shock dimensions

DirtyDC05

Adventurer
Looking by to get a set of rear shocks from them but can't find the compressed and extended dimensions. Can anybody help me out here?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
The info is on our forum, as well as different shock brands dimensions. Part numbers too for everyone trying to crack the code, I put a lot of time into shock research and testing so you guys don't have to. We've about cleaned Bilstein out of shocks in these sizes too, more coming from Germany soon. We are talking with them about kitting them from the factory specific for the Montero too, until then we supply the proper bushings to make them work correctly.

Toasty

Short answer is no, that would create more binding in a really bad way. What are you trying to accomplish? There are several things you can do to gain suspension travel in the rear of these trucks, some bad some good. I've done a lot with the rear suspension on these things, the mid travel is really nice and just plain works. You can get a little more but it's not easy and I haven't decided if it is worth the gain yet. The next step is to do a 4 link but my truck is already more capable than I need it to be and it's a really reliable setup so I don't know that i'll go there (on this truck anyway).

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Can a heim joint be installed in place of the trailing arm bushing to avoid binding ?

If you feel the need for them, left hand thread http://www.ebay.com/itm/M16-X-1-5mm...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 and right hand thread http://www.ebay.com/itm/M16-X-1-5mm...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 I researched it a few years ago, but having used both jointed and bushing end setups the bushing is quieter and easier/cheaper to replace. On second thought, those links may be to the jointed ends that fit the early Bronco front axle, I was looking into those as a possible swap at one point.

Toasty

If one wanted to replace the stud end with a joint would give a little more, especially with misalignment spacers. For some reason i thought DirtyDC meant a spherical bearing in the arm itself.

Toasty

Sorry the picture is sideways, but that's about the limit with the stud ends. The other issue even if you past this point with rod ends the axle is actually pulling the right shock into the frame and it'spretty far forward from the panhard mount. I have spherical joints on my adjustable panhard rod and spericals on my shock ends too.

Toasty

I did, I wish I had stayed with the original setup as now I need limit straps to where I would have been with the "midtravel". The midtravel shocks are a better investment than what I did, but that's how this stuff gets developed. Next i'll work on the remote reservoir midtravel with the stock mounts, I already have it figured out I just need to test and pick a valving and take the test rig off some sweet jumps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier