AC stopping at idle on 02 Monty.

lilkia

Hey guys its been awhile but I figured this is the place to turn. My AC has been acting wonky lately it blows hot at lights or idling. I found yesterday after idling for a while that the compressor would kick on and shut off immediately and that the electric fan wasnt working. The fan was turning the other day at start up so I thought it was OK. It cools fine while going down the road which is why I checked the fan in the first place. I have some basic questions Im hoping you guys may know the answers to. Im guessing the compressor was kicking off due to high pressure. Is this caused by the fan not blowing and cooling the condensor? Second does any one know where the circuit is for the fan? I have read where the fans fail. Will it hurt to rewire the fan so it comes on when the engine is on and stays on? Im not worried about over cooling as I live in the very southern part of S Texas and there is no such thing. I need to get this fixed as the wife isnt happy since its always over 100.

lilkia

It was doing it and I hooked up the manifold and the pressure was good. Ill check it again.
I checked the fan and it works. So im guessing either a high low situation or a bad switch.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sounds like classic low pressure symptom. Did you adjust for ambient temp when you checked it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior