TexasSixSeven F-350 build

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I've done a few small things lately. Ended up with bumpers, rear Rigid Duallies in the bumper, and a aux tank so far. I need to take the time to set up an Imgur account so I can post some pics.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I will be going with 37's and either a 2.5" or 4" lift on my 2017 here soon as well OP. I am leaning towards the 4" lift simply for clearance when off-road and to eliminate rubbing. I am looking forward to some pics of your build.

I keep going back and forth between 2" and 295s, or 2.5" and 37s. I'm most likely going Toyo RT, and keeping them on the stock wheels. I've got about 10k miles to make the decision which route I'm going though.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I keep going back and forth between 2" and 295s, or 2.5" and 37s. I'm most likely going Toyo RT, and keeping them on the stock wheels. I've got about 10k miles to make the decision which route I'm going though.

I faced the same predicament and I came to the conclusion that even though 37's fit with the 2.5" kits out there, I felt like they looked stuffed. If I were to go 2-2.5" I'd likely stick with a 295, it's slightly larger than a 35 so it is a decent step up from the stock rubber. In the end, today actually, I went a completely different route, check out my thread for the update. Keep us posted on the next upgrades and definitely make an Imgur account so that we can see the build.

Boz

Observer
I faced the same predicament and I came to the conclusion that even though 37's fit with the 2.5" kits out there, I felt like they looked stuffed. If I were to go 2-2.5" I'd likely stick with a 295, it's slightly larger than a 35 so it is a decent step up from the stock rubber. In the end, today actually, I went a completely different route, check out my thread for the update. Keep us posted on the next upgrades and definitely make an Imgur account so that we can see the build.

2.5" with 37's
2017%2BSuper%2BDuty%2BFinal%2B5.jpg

2.5" with 35's
19756402_1385113794917030_5743852329228986453_n.jpg

Not a whole lot of difference between the two really. Id go with 37's but thats just me.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
2.5" with 37's
2017%2BSuper%2BDuty%2BFinal%2B5.jpg

2.5" with 35's
19756402_1385113794917030_5743852329228986453_n.jpg

Not a whole lot of difference between the two really. Id go with 37's but thats just me.

Top truck is 37's on 17's, the bottom is 35's on 20's. The perspective of the sidewall of the tire is throwing it off optically making them look close in size. 35's always measure under 35" and 295's are over 35", usually 35.2-35.4" tall. 37's fit with the 2-2.5" but when it comes to travel and full lock turning they rub and/or require trimming. I'm all for more rubber in regards to gaining ground clearance, but when it comes to actually using it off-road and under payload then the last thing I want is rubbing, but that's just me.

Boz

Observer
Top truck is 37's on 17's, the bottom is 35's on 20's. The perspective of the sidewall of the tire is throwing it off optically making them look close in size. 35's always measure under 35" and 295's are over 35", usually 35.2-35.4" tall. 37's fit with the 2-2.5" but when it comes to travel and full lock turning they rub and/or require trimming. I'm all for more rubber in regards to gaining ground clearance, but when it comes to actually using it off-road and under payload then the last thing I want is rubbing, but that's just me.

Actually they are both 18's FWIW (according to CJC's website where I found both of those pictures). I believe the 37" Toyo R/T's are available in both 12.5 and 13.5" widths so if clearance is a concern you could stick with the narrower tire.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Actually they are both 18's FWIW (according to CJC's website where I found both of those pictures). I believe the 37" Toyo R/T's are available in both 12.5 and 13.5" widths so if clearance is a concern you could stick with the narrower tire.

If I go the 37 route I was considering Nitto Trail Grapplers for the simple fact they make them in a 37x11.50. That would alleviate some clearance issues. I don't plan to stuff the tires too severely. Mostly forest service roads and the like.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?

The other thing too, is that a truck as big and heavy as a one ton diesel (probably 8000+lb's?) with that ****ty of a break over angle needs all the tire you can get. I think i'd take a bit of rubbing at full compression in exchange for more clearance.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Like I said guys, to each his own, I just prefer more than 2-2.5" for 37's. There are plenty of guys here running 37's on that size lift, the majority will never even see a dirt load let alone real off-road use and in that case the lift really doesn't matter. I like the look of 37's on a short lift and even on factory wheels, I have just found that for my application, a larger lift will be better. YMMV and that's ok.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Like I said guys, to each his own, I just prefer more than 2-2.5" for 37's. There are plenty of guys here running 37's on that size lift, the majority will never even see a dirt load let alone real off-road use and in that case the lift really doesn't matter. I like the look of 37's on a short lift and even on factory wheels, I have just found that for my application, a larger lift will be better. YMMV and that's ok.

Oh yeah , you're spending the money definitely don't let a goober on the net tell you what you want. Good luck!

b9ev

Adventurer
Do 11.50" wide tires have the grip needed on highway for braking, handling, etc?

If I go the 37 route I was considering Nitto Trail Grapplers for the simple fact they make them in a 37x11.50. That would alleviate some clearance issues. I don't plan to stuff the tires too severely. Mostly forest service roads and the like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier