TexasSixSeven F-350 build

Dalko43

Explorer
No Limit EGR full delete, Flo Pro 4” delete pipe, as EZ Lynk with PPEI support pack for the tune with SOTF switch.

Nothing too crazy. Set me back about $1700 for that, with the majority going to the EZ Lynk tuner. $1300 for it.

Who is still doing the delete tuning? I thought that after the EPA targeted EFI Live the aftermarket "delete" industry had pretty much gone extinct.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
No issues whatsoever finding anyone to delete these trucks. The scarcest part is finding a good tuner. Kory Willis of PPEI tuned quite a few trucks with EFI Live. EZ Lynk is the platform I’m using to actually tune the truck, but the tunes are from PPEI.
Spartan Diesel is another large tuner that specializes in Powerstroke tuning. I’m a fan of his work, but liked the EZ Lynk platform over the Ngauge platform that Spartan uses.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Manufacturers are making these ECMs harder and harder to crack, so it’s taking tuners longer to access them. The 17’ 6.7 wasn’t introduced too much longer before the 17’ L5P Duramax, but tunes have been out for the Powerstroke for over 6 months now. The L5P still isn’t cracked, and the word is that they may not be able to.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Finally put enough mileage on her since the delete to get an accurate portrayal of fuel mileage. I’m very pleased with the results. I’m seeing 16-17 mpg on the highway running 75-77, and 14-15 in town. This is up a solid 3-3.5 mpg from stock. I’m impressed for a truck this size running 37” Toyos.

Also, just started to have the discussions with a fabricator to have some hoops bent for my bed rack build. I’m having him bend the tubing for me, then will be putting it together in the upcoming weeks. I have a couple of ideas in my mind that will take some testing and tweaking to get right, and the only part I don’t have the capability to do is the tube bending. So I’m hiring that out, as they’re the only 3 pieces that are set in stone for the dimensions.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
This is the inspiration for the rack I’m having made, but will have several tweaks made to it.

Attachments

• D53F816A-8A65-4CA2-BD8A-2212B79D8335.jpeg
    D53F816A-8A65-4CA2-BD8A-2212B79D8335.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 55

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Phase one of the rack is complete. Phase two will be adding an elevated removable kayak carrier that sits above the tent. Hopefully in the next month I’ll find some more free time to get it built.

Attachments

• 13B9FFDC-6172-4A5F-96CD-6B943B3B049F.jpeg
    13B9FFDC-6172-4A5F-96CD-6B943B3B049F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 98CC3E62-6BAE-4EAE-A06C-8BB39416382B.jpeg
    98CC3E62-6BAE-4EAE-A06C-8BB39416382B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61

g man

Love the color. I’d like to hear more details of how you’ve designed the rack for removal when using the GN. I also periodically tow with a GN and currently have a fiberglass top installed. I have rails and will hoist the top when I need to tow the GN. I’m always interested in someone else’s solutions for similar situations.

Great thread! Thanks for sharing!
fe7e1959feb96b628995a62dc94e5794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasSixSeven

Observer
The rack just uses 6 c clamps to mount to the bed. It weighs in right around 120 lbs, so it’s easily lifted out of the bed with two people. The tent is installed and removed the same way. I’m currently finishing building a shop for my dad where I may install a hoist in the coming months. If so, I’ll rig up a spreader cable to use for hoisting the rack off.

g man

Texas, thank you for the details and the compliments! That’s basically how my top is fastened. If it weren’t for dry storage, I’d rather have a rack. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalko43

Explorer
Finally put enough mileage on her since the delete to get an accurate portrayal of fuel mileage. I’m very pleased with the results. I’m seeing 16-17 mpg on the highway running 75-77, and 14-15 in town. This is up a solid 3-3.5 mpg from stock. I’m impressed for a truck this size running 37” Toyos.

Is that mpg hand calculated? Was the odometer adjusted for the bigger tire size?

Be sure to keep your stock emissions equipment on hand...sooner or later, the states will start enforcing the federal emissions regulations.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Well tomorrow is the day we leave on our adventure. Heading out to Colorado to get married in Durango over the weekend, then heading out for Glacier NP, Banff NP, Yoho NP, then back down to Yellowstone and the Tetons before heading home. Spending some nights in the CVT tent on my rack, and some nights 3F1A8E8D-18E9-4583-BA03-02A118633E75.jpeg2D0ADA17-54CE-447C-BAB4-B567BCE92286.jpegin two different fancy resorts. It is a honeymoon afterall.

Below is my truck with the tent rack which looks nice and clean, and my last minute crude removable kayak carrier that’s tied into the bed rack. We decided last minute to take the kayaks with us to spend some time on the water on Flathead Lake, Lake Louise, and Moraine Lake up north, so the rack was an impromptu build. When I get back I’ll rebuild it to make it more visually appealing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz