Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 1986 GMC S-15

Wow, I never thought about leeches in the winter... Evidently they're still out there! Lots of small crayfish too, and one biggun...??
    '06 GMC K2500 CCSB D/A w/ '94 Hallmark Ute 8.5'
    '86 Jeep Comanche
    '00ish Jeep TJ Scrambler
    '99 XR400R
    I'm my own boss now, I do what I want!!!
    KB9SCX

This has been one of the most enjoyable build threads I've read way more travel and adventure then actual building and bolting on of parts . I've never tried ice fishing but it looks fun and I think I may try it this year .
    well that didn't go as planned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_S View Post
    ^Thanks guys, I thought it would be a couple years before I was able to move the '84 out here.

My buddies rig who hauled it out here for me,

He left Kingston Ontario Friday night

Couple more pics along the way,

He arrived in Kelowna on Monday night. It worked out great.

We changed the oil in his truck and gave it a much needed pressure wash. His 2500 is dropped like 10/8. We had to drive it up on blocks just to get the jack under it. Even sitting on 3" of wood it still looks super low.

Is there a build thread for the 2500? looks sweet with the camper

That low rider does look cool but man, look out for speed bumps...

^ yeah for sure, it rubs everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BT View Post
    Is there a build thread for the 2500? looks sweet with the camper
    No I don't believe so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 1stDeuce View Post
    Wow, I never thought about leeches in the winter... Evidently they're still out there! Lots of small crayfish too, and one biggun...??
    Yeah I was really surprised to see the leech. From what I understand they hibernate in the mud in the winter time. That fish must have dug it out. They were small fresh water shrimp, no crayfish in that lake. The big one is a dragon fly nymph. It's always interesting to see what they are naturally feeding on.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyshaun View Post
    This has been one of the most enjoyable build threads I've read way more travel and adventure then actual building and bolting on of parts . I've never tried ice fishing but it looks fun and I think I may try it this year .
    Thanks Shaun I really appreciate that. It's tough to get much done in the of progress though when we are so busy getting out.

Well the christmas break was very unproductive as far as progress on the 3.4 goes.

I got my welding set up put back together

We got a ton of snow for this area and I spent 15/17 days doing 10+ hour days in this truck.

Whole sale sports was going out of business, couldn't pass up 40% off guns.
    Been talking about buying a nice over under and a .17 for to long.

Topped it off with a leupold 3-9x40 for 50% off as well.

Picked up this windshield washer fluid reservoir and a couple dog dishes for all my nuts and bolts from the 3.4, It's so nice to have a local yard with lots of stock to choose from.

and then we went ice fishing a few times,

I absolutely love this time of year,

and a few more,

our last trip out was so beautiful. We got 5" of snow in a few hours and the fishing was incredible. Landed 8 rainbows all absolute footballs.

Hoping to make some real build progress soon.

Please don't make fun of me, but I've never seen anyone build a fire on top of ice before.

In WV we don't get snow and ice like that.
    2010 Chevrolet Colorado V8 - Lots of mods. Nobody cares......it's a Colorado.

I built and owned a Colorado ZR2 before it was cool.

Why you carrying the .17 ice fishing? I didn't think the Rainbows were that big, but one of those holes looks like you expect to pull a 250lb tuna out of it!!

We have zero snow still here in SW CO. Wife and I have been re-thinking our play to spend the middle of June in your area... Might still be too much snow based on how much the northern rockies are getting so far this winter... what you think?
    '06 GMC K2500 CCSB D/A w/ '94 Hallmark Ute 8.5'
    '86 Jeep Comanche
    '00ish Jeep TJ Scrambler
    '99 XR400R
    I'm my own boss now, I do what I want!!!
    KB9SCX

Quote Originally Posted by 1stDeuce View Post
    Why you carrying the .17 ice fishing? I didn't think the Rainbows were that big, but one of those holes looks like you expect to pull a 250lb tuna out of it!!

We have zero snow still here in SW CO. Wife and I have been re-thinking our play to spend the middle of June in your area... Might still be too much snow based on how much the northern rockies are getting so far this winter... what you think?
    It was a bit of a hike in and I was hoping to see a couple rabbits. Lots of tracks but they were all in the thicket. Around June you shouldn't have any issues. Some of the really high passes like Gray creek may still be closed but nothing you couldn't plan around.

Unfortunately not much to update here. I dropped off the block & heads at the machine shop a little over a month ago. I asked around and just about everyone suggested this shop in particular. The owner originally said 1-2 weeks which I thought was exceptionally fast. At the 3 week mark I hadn't heard anything so I called just to check in and got another guy that asked me "what I wanted done to it?" So after telling him what I agreed to with the owner he said he would call me back, never happened. Called again last week and was told the block had been cleaned and that's as far as they got with it, said they would be done by the end of this week.
    Now I'm not trying to be a pain but if you say it'll be done at this time and it's not and then don't return calls, well that's just bad business. If I don't hear something back by the end of this week/early next I'm just going to go pick it up. I realize it's not a big job for them but it's just bad customer service. Really hoping this doesn't turn bad and mess up my plans.

On the bright side of things I picked up a key piece of the puzzle yesterday.

I've been on the hunt for a cherry picker since this whole idea started out. Finally managed to score one at what I think was a very fair price - $110, and it's mint.

packs down nicely too,

Managed to break away from school for a weekend and get some riding in too. First time at kicking horse and it was absolutely stunning.

This video sums it up real nicely.

Untitled by Andrew Schwerdtfeger, on Flickr

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910