1986 GMC S-15

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Again very cool truck, I love the wheels, they make it look very period correct which I love. Your pictures make me miss Alberta pretty bad. Keep it up man :)

87Warrior

GP'er
Nice work Andrew! The truck and your adventures are great. Getting to do all that with your wife is just icing on the cake. Keep it up, this has been one of the best threads I've read in a while. Thanks for sharing!

Copperhead14

Observer
I was looking at diesel excursions last year to replace the unlimited rubicon I was selling due to our twins (not enough room). I ended up with a 17 ram mega cab Cummins. . My wife did not want me working on the truck all the time. I like the simplicity of your build. I have a hx of overbuilding. This one is staying simple.

Last edited:

Andrew_S

Observer
^Thanks a lot gentlemen. I really appreciate the good words. The goal with this truck was just that, keep it simple, function and reliable.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Pretty cool update to share,

We finally moved into our own place!

Can't even put into words how ecstatic I am to not only have a garage to work in, but a 3 car garage!

One last pic for good measure.

I'm heading back to school in 2 weeks time and between working full time and school full time I won't have anytime to work on or enjoy the S15...
Probably have an update of ice fishing around christmas time.

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Ok now I'm jealous of your garage and your truck. A word of advice: Don't fill it with crap. What goes in there never seems to come out, and one day you turn around and can't pull your motorcycle out.

borison

Adventurer
My 16 yo self is so jealous. Obviously, a great truck, but almost 30 years ago I wanted this truck sooooo bad. Great job. Those aluminum wheels are a great addition and the waxing really pops.

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Amazing truck man - love the trip pics as well. Goes to show dont need flashy brand new rig to have fun & in fact I love your truck. I had an 84 s-10
2wd for years was an awesome truck

AlexCold

Observer
Awesome work on the truck and even greater experiences!

On your Sierra, what size tires did you have and did you do any modifications to the suspension?

mybigwarwagon

Rarely serious
Just read through the whole thread. I have a 91 S10 with a 2.8. The thing is indestructible. One of the best things we did to it was the bigger fuel tank. Made a huge difference. I wish mine was a clean as yours, but I only paid $100 for mine. LOL.

Bojak

Adventurer
Awesome thread. Super impressed how much getting out and doing it you manage to do. In high school, for me, that truck in an extended cab with a manual and the 4.3 was holy grail level. My dad worked at a chevy dealer and even with the discount it was just too far out of my league. Glad you found such a clean one and are rescuing it from decay. Keep up the adventures and fun.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Andrew_S

Observer
Thanks for all the good words gentlemen. I'm surprised this old grandpa truck is getting any love at all on here with all the 100k+ dream machines.

Awesome work on the truck and even greater experiences!

On your Sierra, what size tires did you have and did you do any modifications to the suspension?

I honestly couldn't say. They measured out to just below 34's, like 33 3/4 or something along those lines. They were big steam rollers though, pigs on gas. I gave the truck a 2 3/4 levelling kit. I pulled back the inner fenders slightly and trim a little nub of sheet metal and they cleared perfectly.

I'm currently back in school so updates are pretty well going to be non existent for another 8 months.

I've been getting out hunting a bit and trucks been doing great.

The rack is so incredibly handy
23560188748_ae2beba2b9_c.jpg

Had a fair bit of success with small game,

37364903996_71773e0ca5_c.jpg

37322543260_3de34ef425_c.jpg

23560181098_36aab9902b_c.jpg

23728779198_0fb66d02b8_c.jpg

37474051362_d2f030bb97_c.jpg

23560179868_720aeab56f_c.jpg

37364902956_e85176531d_c.jpg

Haven't been able to put enough time out there for a deer yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles