need a good side mount Jerry can holder

This is our Jerry Can Mount

I like those because it is easier to load full cans, rather than having to lift them up and over a cage to slide into. Also the the foldover hold down covers the Nato cap to prevent tampering. If I had one complaint it would be the threaded fastener holding the foldover. It requires tools to open and threaded fasteners collect dust and dirt. Closed end nutsert instead of open ended. Maybe a Motobilt keychain wrench it fit. Hint Hint

RDK13

Observer
I went with Adventure Trailers fuel can bracket and I couldn't be happier. I had a problem with the locking strap opening due to the M416 body design and decided the I would cut the strap at the bend and install a hinge. I riveted them on and it looks like it came that way since the whole bracket is riveted to begin with. You can see the hinge in the picture below. I also added a L bracket at the end of the strap to keep it from sliding. These brackets are awesome the will hold a full can of fuel or water and it doesn't move at all. I did have to use spacers to get some clearance from the body of the trailer so the can will clear the rack I have on the tongue and I cut off the handle on the corner of the tub. I usually keep fuel cans in the brackets all the time just to keep the strap from rattling.
Jeep Trailer Gin Side.jpgJeep Trailer Gas Can Hinge2.JPGJeep Trailer Gas Can.JPGJeep Trailer Gas Can L Bracket2.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles