1987 Iveco Magirus 90-16 AW Doka cab for sale

Price drop! $34,000 OBO. A friend just sold his in N. California for $50k. It was not as clean and had higher KMs. If it doesn't sell soon it will go on fleabay...

I have changed direction on my family's camping and overlanding plans so my "Maggie" is up for sale. Background: The truck is a former German Fire Brigade vehicle that was properly imported to the US early in 2016. The truck is currently titled in Florida with current registration. I am running antique plates on it although not necessary. It's a permanent plate so I don't have to renew it each year.

The truck is currently located in Cheyenne, Wyoming where I am stationed with the military. We have decided to pursue the purchase of a new Ford F550 as a platform for our camping activities.

The truck is a 1987 model (just qualified for antique status this year). All the hard importation and title issues are now taken care of and the truck is now street legal. This is a great base for an off-road camper or overlander for a family or expedition. Maggie has only 33,900 km or right at 21k miles. The vehicle is a left hand drive Doka model.

Her engine is the famed Deutz Air-Cooled BF6L913, which is a straight 6 turbo charged heavy duty commercial grade 6.1 Liter Diesel engine. Do your research, this 160 hp engine is made in Germany to last. They are used in a variety of vehicles (ManKat, Tatra, etc.) as well as agricultural and heavy mining and construction equipment here in the US and overseas. Separate cylinder heads make is especially easy to repair if ever needed.

The Deutz is backed by a heavy duty German ZF 5 speed transmission (S5-35/2) with a 7.65 to 1 1st gear. Behind it is a divorced Getrag transfer case with Hi/Low gears. The axles at 7 ton models with rear and center locks. The truck is permanent 4x4.

The Doka cab was originally designed for 9 firemen, but we gutted out the rear jump seats for a row of new Mercedes Sprinter seat belted seats (4). The amount of space in the cab is amazing! The front seats are stock. The drivers seat is an air ride. 3 Point seat belts were added to the front to improve safety. This is a roomy, quite and comfy cab.

Every thing works in the cab as expected to include all gauges and the Webaso auxiliary heater. The truck has a 5 speed manual transmission that shifts flawlessly. It has a hydraulic lift to easily access the engine and drivetrain.

The truck rides on custom Stazworks military grade 20" wheels and new (less than 1200 miles) Michelin XZL 365/85R20 military grade tires. These 45"x14" monsters are very sought after. Maggie's overall length is just over 21' or slightly longer than my 2017 F350 crewcab with long bed.

The rear box originally came with lots of shelving and equipment areas. The majority of that has been removed for future use as a sleeping area. The box roof is great for additional storage such as boxes or kayaks. The cab roof would provide a great location for solar panels.

The box has 5 high intensity German Hella spotlights on the sides and rear of the truck that work great for setting up a late camp. The interior of the box as well as the cab has ample lighting inside. There is a powerful spotlight that can be mounted on the front of the truck or on the rear roof that is included.

The truck is a 24v system with 12v accessories sockets in the cab. There are 2 new (July 17) AGM batteries that power the truck. Top speed is ~ 67 mph @ 2500 rpm. Overall curb weight is right at 13,000 lbs.

There is NO rust at all on the body of the truck. No wrecks or damage. This is a very low mileage vehicle that has many many years of service left in her. All manuals and service records from her time in Germany are included.

We have enjoyed the truck immensely since purchasing it last year. It's been on multiple trips to include one out to Oregon and back to Eastern Wyoming (2200 miles) as well as a recent trip to Moab, UT where it did outstanding on the rock and trails around this famous off roaring area. It gets attention everywhere we go!

Serious inquiries only please. I am an active duty military officer with very little spare time. Although I travel a lot, arrangements can be made for inspection of the truck for interested parties. No trades please! I have a number of other toys to include a fully custom classic crew cab turbo diesel powered Dodge power wagon sitting on locked rockwells, beadlocks and 47" Mickey Thompson's. I am selling Maggie and trading in my F350 on a new F550 so I am looking for cash offers only!

Asking $37,000 OBO. Cash talks. Imreallymdontnneednhelp selling it nor do I "need" cash so please be realistic on any offers. This truck compares with the U1350 that was also used in the fire brigade. Although no portal axles, there is plenty of clearance and none of the complications or costs that go with portals. It is also probably 1/2 the cost of a Unimog Doka of the same mileage and condition!

I have tried to be very thorough with the description to minimize questions regarding the truck.

If interested, please email me at bdelaporte@yahoo.com or text/call as necessary to 813-417-1923.

Thanks
Bruce Delaporte IMG_4467.JPGIMG_4462.JPGIMG_4466.JPGIMG_4463.JPGIMG_4464.JPGIMG_4468.JPGIMG_4471.jpgIMG_4469.jpgIMG_4461.JPGIMG_4467.JPGIMG_4462.JPGIMG_4466.JPGIMG_4463.JPGIMG_4464.JPGIMG_4468.JPGIMG_4471.jpgIMG_4469.jpgIMG_4461.JPG

Last edited:

hobbsrt

super cool. a few questions for you...

how does it do on the highway?
mpg? total distance?
what is the clearance?

thank you.

It rides great on the highway. It has an adjustable air ride seat. Comfortable cabin. I believe it's 34 gallons. Averages ~10-11 mpg on the highway.
I believe there is about 14" of axle clearance with the 365/85R20s. I can confirm when I return from this trip.

Thanks for the interest. Let me know if you have any other questions. This should go quick... The one that was out in Cali just sold for over $10k more and it was not as clean or low KMs.

hobbsrt

great, thanks for the info. how about speed on the highway? I am in Denver and may come and take a peek.

Hobbsrt, The highway cruising speed that I have been sticking at is 67 mph (gps speed) @ 2500 rpm. It has more pedal, but I haven't gone over 70 as I don't like pushing the RPMs.

Denver is close. If you are seriously interested, let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles