SOLD Bruton Digital Map Measurer $30 shipped

luk4mud

Explorer
New in the box never used.

I have no idea how it works. I got it as a gift. Could be fun for someone more technically inclined than me.

$30 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Attachments

• 20170813_115058.jpg
    20170813_115058.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Used to have a mechanical version. Sync it with your map' s distance scale then you just trace the wheel along your intended route on the map. It tells you how many miles/kilometers that particular route would be.

Kinda obsolete these days with all the digital and GPS options available, but still pretty neat for those using traditional maps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Interesting device. I use a lot of old paper maps when researching historical sites.

I found a description of the device:

The MM-07 Map Measurer is designed for use with virtually any map. It will measure travel distance in miles, km, and nautical miles. In addition to measuring distance, it can calculate estimated travel time and has a countdown timer that shows remaining time to your destination.

Features:

LCD Display
Infinite Scale Adjustment
Measuring Wheel
Backlight
Includes 1x CR2032 Cell Battery to power unit
Carrying Clip
Waterproof
2 Year Warranty

Functions:

Set map scale
Set average speed
Measuring distance on map
Time-To-Go Calculator
Set Clock
Set Alarm

Otherwise I don't want to clutter up the thread :sombrero:

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I had no idea something like this existed, but as soon as I saw the pic, I knew exactly what it was. What a great idea from the time before.

luk4mud

Explorer
I'd be happy to send this to someone for the cost of shipping ... like $5? Otherwise it's going in my Goodwill bin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier