single cab behind seat storage

so I've seen all the cool kids with their ALICE packs mounted on the spare tire...

so i got to thinking about ways to clean up the bench seat in my K2500 cheyenne pickup. I can't stand having clutter all over my bench seat, let alone having loose stuff all over the place behind the seat.

so i went to my local military surplus store and grabbed a GI issue ALICE pack for like $45 dollars, then went to the hardware store and bought some stainless tie down clips. drilled some holes in the cab of my truck and zip tied the pack to the back of my cab. now i have a secure location for things like first aid kit, jacket, gloves, beanie, life straw and whatever else the adventure calls for. also in an emergency situation i have a full size very comfortable pack ready to go if I'm ever left stranded!!!

Untitled by kyle mccarty

Untitled by kyle mccarty

i hope you enjoy and this gets some gears turning in your head.

Rjsoaz

Nice. While I save money for my truck topper I'm looking for ideas to use in this space. I'm curious to see some other people solutions to maximize this space as well.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I'll try and take a picture to post later today. Many years ago I bought a plastic tray sort of thing from JC Whitney IIRC for my single-cab C-10. Looks very much like the OP's space. The bottom was nearly full width and the sides were about 5" tall. It also have two vertical brackets about a 1/3 of the way in from each end that were arranged as a double rifle rack. I pulled those out some time ago. The tray itself still holds a lot of gear. I had all sorts of roadside emergency stuff in there. 1st aid kit, jumper cables, vehicle fluids, gal of coolant, gloves, flares, roadside vest and on and on.
I pillaged most of that stuff when I got my Suburban. But there's still enough stuff in it to convey the idea. I'll try to get a picture posted later. It would be easy to replicate the design in 3/8" plywood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles