TYT, Bao, QYT, Anytone, etc.....are these any good?

wirenut

Adventurer
I've certainly experienced plenty of interference over the years; hard to say where most of it came from. Besides any potential interference it's an indicator of the poor engineering, design, and construction of the radios. Who know what other specs may not be what they're supposed to be: sensitivity, power output, etc. If these radios all left the factory in spec then it certainly demonstrates that they go "downhill" with use much much faster than radios from Yaesu, Icom, and Kenwood.

LR Max

Local Oaf
I ditched my baofeng for an Icom. The Baofeng, with a good external antenna...standing outside...BARELY receives from my local repeater...assuming I stand on a crate and hold the radio up high. My Icom transmits and receives to the same repeater from inside my house without a single problem.

I did a test with the baofeng late last year. I climbed to the top of my local mountain, and I had line of sight to a number of repeaters within a 20 mile radius. Couldn't hit anything beyond 15 miles...direct line of sight.

I think if you are within a mile or so, the Baofengs are fine. However I wouldn't trust it for 5 miles here on the east coast. I think they are terrible for new users here on the east coast because you can't hit repeaters.

martnH

Judging by the fact that OP is asking such questions, I think they are good for you

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

martnH

I have been using woxun for three years and they are still fine.
I had a yaesu 6R and I can tell the performance difference between these two
So I sold yaesu and bought another woxun

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles