Buying Help - 2014 LR4 HSE Lux XXV Edition

vasily

Adventurer
It just depends on how much you want to spend. I just got a 2013 with HD with 45k miles for 17k less then that dealer is asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Its a Disco, why they are having a "25th Anniversary" for it is beyond me. They are made to do their job and do it quietly. 20 inch wheels, thicker carpet, and a more leathery steering wheel... makes for a worse car. Want those things? Buy an L322 or L405 (Range Rover). I see no long term value on any special edition that isn't actually a Special Vehicles Division car OR something like a Holland & Holland edition.

Don't buy a 25th anniversary car, the normal Discovery 4 in USA spec is already filled with luxury, has a good motor, and OK wheels (19). The stock steering wheel is fine, if you want a nicer wheel find one with the ebony wood option or whatever, that was nice. The carpets even on the earliest Discovery 3 and 4 were more than adequate. I was thinking mid $20k's for 2013-2014 cars but I could be way off.

Its a Disco, why they are having a "25th Anniversary" for it is beyond me. They are made to do their job and do it quietly. 20 inch wheels, thicker carpet, and a more leathery steering wheel... makes for a worse car. Want those things? Buy an L322 or L405 (Range Rover). I see no long term value on any special edition that isn't actually a Special Vehicles Division car OR something like a Holland & Holland edition.

Don't buy a 25th anniversary car, the normal Discovery 4 in USA spec is already filled with luxury, has a good motor, and OK wheels (19). The stock steering wheel is fine, if you want a nicer wheel find one with the ebony wood option or whatever, that was nice. The carpets even on the earliest Discovery 3 and 4 were more than adequate. I was thinking mid $20k's for 2013-2014 cars but I could be way off.

Concur with all above! I don't think a 25 annivesary D4 is worth anything more in my opinion. I'm no expert, but the D4 never even did a G4 challenge so that is how much Land Rover actually loved it. I think its the only model Discovery that hasn't been put to some sort of global test. Not taking anything away from the vehicle, just saying that I do not believe it has a storied history. Now if they would have done a Discovery 25 year anniversary challenge or something, then I think it would be worth the money.

Keep in mind, the new D4 was stickered at roughly $62k, I almost bought new in 2012 then my budget spoke smartly and said hell no and I bought a used LR3 and never looked back.

Not trying to talk you out of an LR4 cuz its a great vehicle, just trying to talk you out of an overpriced LR4.

The next question I would ask is if its a certified vehicle and are they honoring 100% of the warranties. Not every LR on a dealer lot is certified.....it's a good question to ask to be sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94