LR3 - new K02s

Jwestpro

Explorer
yeah that's a huge bummer.
Guess I'm going to have to live with a warning light for a few months haha

I'm used to VAGCOM in VWs that aren't locked to a VIN.

Something as simple as a loose connection in the sensing unit mounted behind the fender liner can cause the dash fault lamp. One of mine did that once and snugging the connectors fixed it. Anyway, when you buy used you get all the problems that were never addressed. My tpms never gave a problem for 10 yrs then it was just that.

Jwestpro

Explorer
just found this for future lr3 peeps check your vin. apparently later lr3 got 433?

RQH500471 - TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR
LR3; 433 MHZ; From 6A407131

Jwestpro

Explorer
I wish we could stop a certain overpriced rod seller from spreading misinformation about lifts being required for tire sizes.

If you put too large a tire on your rig, its going to rub, no matter what height you sit at. What happens off road when you put the wheel up into the wheel well? What does the resting height have to do with it?!?!?!

yep. that guy's an unethical ************** ;) What you never hear anyone saying is anything about loosening and properly resetting all 16 control arm bushings when using those stupid rods. So in effect they start prematurely ruining all the bushings with the vehicle just sitting there parked at +2", not even using it off road. How dumb is that?!

eloist

Adventurer
Update:

I had yet another fault. Checked pressures, they were a bit high. Fixed that, then ran codes. I had 8 tpms codes, 4 were duplicates.

I cleared them, and have not had a problem since. Even went to some trails yesterday.

Cliff notes: clear codes, double check pressures

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jwalk04Disco

Observer
Installed 275/65/18 Ko2s a few weeks back and love the ride. I had Cooper Discovery's 265/60/18 before the switch. They made some mods for me. I've attached pics of the work. Maybe they'll help someone. I'll be taking it out for the first time this weekend to the Hill Country Rover Rally. I'm a newbie to offroading anything so this will be a first for me.

Standard Height with a little slant in the driveway.

TOUGE

I have no rub at all on the front at normal street hight with 275/65 Ko2s at full lock or not. The only rub I got is the little bumps of the front side of the rear wheel well liners, which I heat gunned out of the way. Offroad I run +30 using an IIDtool and only use the LR3s offroad hight in the worst situations, I only get very mild rubbing on the fender liners at full compression. Mine is a '05 5 seat.

jwalk04Disco

Observer
I have no rub at all on the front at normal street hight with 275/65 Ko2s at full lock or not. The only rub I got is the little bumps of the front side of the rear wheel well liners, which I heat gunned out of the way. Offroad I run +30 using an IIDtool and only use the LR3s offroad hight in the worst situations, I only get very mild rubbing on the fender liners at full compression. Mine is a '05 5 seat.

I'm learning the language but know very little at this point. What's +30?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94