LR3 - new K02s

eloist

Adventurer
Do you have a GAP II Tool? It will tell you if its all or just one faulty sensor. You can also do a re-cal for the TPMS on the GAP.

If not, its about 4 months away for Christmas and time to start selling it to your lady for a stocking stuffer....hahaha

I do not have an IID tool. I have a LR/Jaguar specific code scanner. I plan on getting the IID though.
Being that I paid a pretty penny for the new TPMS sensors, I'm going to make the tire shop fix this issue for me though.

Once I get the IID, I will be disabling the TPMS for good.
It's the absolute stupidest thing, and every car I've had with a TPMS system has given me issues. I hate them.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Nice choice on tires and rack. Baja is great in CA, rust is barely an issue here. I would do it again on another build, very strong protection for the roof, good load carrying, not too bad wind noise.

My TPMS and back up sensors are turned off on my rig. Check out my build thread for a complete way of turning them off. I did a write up there after a few of us were dumbfounded on how to get everything turned off correctly.

Don't blame you for making them fix it, just suggesting a potential troubleshooting option before heading back in and dealing with them.

I do not have an IID tool. I have a LR/Jaguar specific code scanner. I plan on getting the IID though.
Being that I paid a pretty penny for the new TPMS sensors, I'm going to make the tire shop fix this issue for me though.

Once I get the IID, I will be disabling the TPMS for good.
It's the absolute stupidest thing, and every car I've had with a TPMS system has given me issues. I hate them.

eloist

Adventurer
Nice choice on tires and rack. Baja is great in CA, rust is barely an issue here. I would do it again on another build, very strong protection for the roof, good load carrying, not too bad wind noise.

Well I'm in Tennessee, so we get lots of rain. If it rusts, it rusts... no car part lasts forever.

Disco, off the top of your head, do you remember if LR3's require 315mhz TPMS?
Like i said, the shop installed 433mhz, and now I've got a fault.

Definitely wish my FR was lower profile. Always keeping my options open...lol

Decline

Nice tires! I too used that over priced height rod company's web site when i ordered my 265/60 18 K02s. Alas i will have to suffer with only 30.5" tall tires. My truck is still in the shop. I will post pics when i get it back
What kind of mpg are you getting with the new tires?

As for the roof rack debate I saw a Bajarack yesterday on a 4runner that looked chalky and faded. As if it was rattle can'd flat black. I dunno what kind of crap powder coating they are using but it doesnt look to hold up. Yeah there's no rain in Southern California but the suns out everyday.That moved front runner back to top of my list. Im leaning towards the 3/4 length to try and cut down on wind noise. its nice the front runner can be made longer if i feel i need more space later.

eloist

Adventurer
Well I'll report back once I've got the Baja rack on the truck for a while. I just really want a basket style rack.

As for mpg, I've only had the K02s on for like 3 days so I cant really say, but it's an LR3... The mpg will suck I can go ahead and tell ya.

Also, grabbed some xl zip ties and moved that EAS cable. The frame harness broke on me as I was messing with it, but oh well. Took about 90 seconds to move it and the peace of mind is priceless.

439806132207a5fb8ddb20bf780075f6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

colb45

Observer
For milage, when i had stock tires and no roof rack i was getting ~12L/100km, with tires, voyager roof rack i am getting 15-15.5L/100km. With the truck loaded with gear Im about 16-17L/100km.

All in all for the weight of gear and the sail i have on top once i have jerry cans, bins, chain saws.. etc etc. I cant complain gets better milage than my lifted Rubicon when its empty :smiley_drive:

For milage, when i had stock tires and no roof rack i was getting ~12L/100km, with tires, voyager roof rack i am getting 15-15.5L/100km. With the truck loaded with gear Im about 16-17L/100km.

All in all for the weight of gear and the sail i have on top once i have jerry cans, bins, chain saws.. etc etc. I cant complain gets better milage than my lifted Rubicon when its empty :smiley_drive:

I just made a trip from San Diego to San Jose up Hwy 101. Stock-ish size Terra Grapplers AT, Front and rear TR bumpers, Full FR rack with the cruise set between 75-82ish MPH, light weight and still making 17.8mpg per my math and 17.5mpg on the Info page. Significantly worse down to about 14.4mpg in heavy wind areas south of Salinas.

I figure if I knew how to let up on the pedal it would be much better but it felt so good to run some speed and cover ground unlike I'm used to in Hawaii. Taking Hwy 1 down through Big Sur on my way home Monday at slow speed so I am expecting to see between 18-20mpg in those areas.

I'll be happy if I can keep above 12-13mpg fully weighted down at reasonable speeds I'll be stoked. I love my Rover, but I hate the range; looking for a fuel stop at 300 miles is not cool.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Well I'm in Tennessee, so we get lots of rain. If it rusts, it rusts... no car part lasts forever.

That, I'm afraid I cannot remember. When they are new they may register a fault anyway, the drive cycle IIRC is 40mph for either 5 or 15 min and they reset.

Can't say I know too much about those now that I live the near zero electrics rover life ;)

eloist

Adventurer
Well Discount swapped my sensors for 315mhz. Fault cleared.

Driving to the country this AM to watch the eclipse I got another TPMS error lol.
Pressures are fine.

At this point I'm gonna try and find someone local with IID so I can disable this stupid system once and for all.

zelatore

Explorer
Well Discount swapped my sensors for 315mhz. Fault cleared.

Driving to the country this AM to watch the eclipse I got another TPMS error lol.
Pressures are fine.

At this point I'm gonna try and find someone local with IID so I can disable this stupid system once and for all.

One problem, iiD tools are VIN tied unless you buy the expensive pro version, so likely somebody else's iiD won't be able to do anything but read codes on your truck.

But hey, you should totally have one of your own anyway!

eloist

Adventurer
One problem, iiD tools are VIN tied unless you buy the expensive pro version, so likely somebody else's iiD won't be able to do anything but read codes on your truck.

But hey, you should totally have one of your own anyway!

yeah that's a huge bummer.
Guess I'm going to have to live with a warning light for a few months haha

I'm used to VAGCOM in VWs that aren't locked to a VIN.

Jwestpro

Explorer

lr3 is 315. that shop just screwed up so get them to swap them. They're gonna love having to redo all the tires LOL.

130,000 miles over 10 yrs and ive had zero trouble with this tpms. Never had an issue in my bmw or audi either. However I do like having any backup to let me know if I've gotten a puncture on a long trip before I start wondering why a canyon road curve feels funny....

You may think "no parts last forever" but I like to buy things once. I won't last forever either but I'll bet you my aluminum rack now 11 yrs in winters and rain will still be the same in another 10 yrs. Not even any corrosion and I can put it on/off myself with the awning still attached. The Safety Devices safari rack on the Disco 1 was the only steel rack I'd want. It was very heavy though and did of course rust wherever the powder coating came off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles