Mounting your remote display

mikekey

Deplorable
So I just picked up a Yaesu ft-8900r and wired up a straight through so I can remote mount the display. Planning on mounting the unit behind the rear seat in my truck so my cable run is as short as possible. Also have an external speaker to wire up too.

So I'm thinking about a Ram Mount, probably the x-grip. But I was curious as to mounts others have used before I go about purchasing anything.

Stryder106

Explorer
My Avalanche has a two piece center console. I ripped out the front half plastic portion and built one out of metal to house my Lowrance, Yaesu FTM-400/XDR, Cobra 75 CB, external speaker for the Yaesu and toggle switches. I removed the factory On Star cluster in the dash and placed a Wedgie external speaker there for the CB.
IMG_1145.jpg

Klierslc

Explorer
Seems like you could mount it under the vent controls to keep it a little stealthy or up above the radio for ease of use. I have my TYT faceplate mounted above my radio in the cruiser and I like it there. Easy enough to unsnap it from the mount and lock it up if in a sketchy area. I'll post a pic in a couple minutes.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I drilled the bottom of my s-pod and then mounted the display between the spod and rear view using the yeasu bracket "upside down" and riveted to the s-pod. Sorry, no pics right now.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I have had an FT-8800R in my Avalanche for a very long time now. My transceiver is under the center console and the head mounted to a plastic bracket I fabbed.

camera2.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles