Pajero hardstart

bennry

Hi everyone!
The pajero has a hard start. Then only way that i have to get it started is to park in on a slope and start it on gear.
I have changed the plugs, the air and fuel filter, the starter solenoid. Nothing seems to work.
Once it has started, it has no problems staring during the day. What could be the problem? Am new to Pajero's as i have been with this for only 2 months.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-08-16 at 10.06.23.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-16 at 10.06.23.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 9

Monty85

Observer
Do you get engine started easily when rolling start on slope ?
If so, may be a weak battery ? Or may be weak starter motor ? You said you replaced starter solenoid. Not sure you changed just solenoid or whole motor

bennry

Do you get engine started easily when rolling start on slope ?
If so, may be a weak battery ? Or may be weak starter motor ? You said you replaced starter solenoid. Not sure you changed just solenoid or whole motor

Starting it on a slope is much easier. I have tried changing the battery but still no difference. I had the solenoid and brushes for the starter changed. Getting a new starter motor is difficult from where i am. I am in Kenya!

Monty85

Observer
Since you said rolling start is much easier, I assume engine runs smooth and fuel, sparks, timing and such are okay.

To me, it sounded like your cranking is the problem, not letting engine turn fast and compress the air.

Does your engine crank normal? Or does it crank like it has battery that is about to die ?
Have you checked for any faulty wiring to starter ?

bennry

I did a compression test and it was found to be low. I will be changing the rings and hopefully the car will start normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles