Tepui - NEW Custom fit Sleeping bags

camp4x4

Adventurer
We just ordered this one.

Grizzly 2-person +25-degree Canvas Sleeping Bag
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grizzly-2-p...d=302402652038&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Yeah.......... this is exactly what these are... rebranded Blackpine Grizzly sleeping bags for $30 more than on Amazon or eBay. What exactly is custom about them? Kind of tired of all these companies branding really generic things and calling them special. Like, I get that this is a large part of the overland equipment market, but ffs. If you're just importing something and branding it... don't try and make sound like something amazingly "custom" and designed just for your company.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Yeah.......... this is exactly what these are... rebranded Blackpine Grizzly sleeping bags for $30 more than on Amazon or eBay. What exactly is custom about them? Kind of tired of all these companies branding really generic things and calling them special. Like, I get that this is a large part of the overland equipment market, but ffs. If you're just importing something and branding it... don't try and make sound like something amazingly "custom" and designed just for your company.

Yep! I save a ton with some careful shopping!

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Like to know what you base your claim on. I looked at this site before & again after you posted and still can't find dimensions of their bag other than wt of fill and temp rating. Tepui gives the dimensions of their bag, which is important when you're planning for your RTT. Yeah, I'll agree, the Grizzly bags look identical. If Tepui has altered the dimensins to fit in their tent, I think that's reason enough for the higher price and maybe not to get charged with false advertising.
Edit: They are NOT just rebranded. I just checked the Amazon site instead of the Grizzily site and their dimension is 90"x 65". The Tepui bags are 84" x 54"

Soooooo - another myth bites the dust. Please do your research before posting next time. BTW, the Amazon site also claims a -25 degree F rating.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94