Dodge 1500 crew cab rear seat space/comfort?

zuren

Adventurer
I haven't spent much time in the rear seat of the newer full size trucks and wanted to hear opinions on the comfort of the rear seat of a crew cab truck (specifically Dodge 1500, but input on other makes are welcome).

I've read that the rear seats of midsize crew cab trucks are pretty awful; pretty much reserved to young kids or very short trips in town for an adult. I'm considering a truck as my next vehicle and even though I mostly need space for 1 kid in a car seat, I want the flexibility to seat a couple adults back there.

Thanks!

p nut

butter
They're not bad. When I was shopping for 1/2 ton trucks (all crew cab models), I felt the Sierra had the smallest and F150 had the biggest. Ram was right behind the Sierra. The space is plenty good for couple adults and kids, especially if you're comparing to midsize trucks. But just go sit in the F150. So big, nobody bothers to call shotgun anymore.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
I have the true 4 door not the mid cab thing...Ive sat in the back..and 3 kids ride back there on long road trips without complaint..

its just as comfortable if not moreso than the old 4 door cars we grew up riding around in!

tennesseewj

Observer
Haven't ridden in a Dodge, but I'm 6'4" and took a 4 hour road trip in the back of a buddy's 2014 F-150. I was perfectly comfortable back there and I believe the new ones have even more space.

Honestly it was more comfortable than riding shotgun in a midsize vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

KiwiKurt

Explorer
The new f150 is cavernous. It's crazy how big these trucks are now. The current F150 has a larger cab than the F250 of 10 years ago....

Hoghead

Observer
I've got a '14 ram crew cab and feel it's comfortable in the back for an adult (good sized one at that). I have a buddy with an f-150 and I agree with what the others said, very big and comfortable. Ford wins in that regard.

D45

Explorer
When I was replacing my 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab two years ago, I looked at the entire half ton market

From a Tundra with the crew max, to the Ram, to the Chevy/GMC and to the Ford.......I looked at them ALL

Hands down, the entire cab of the F150 was the largest..........the back seat area of the F150 blows away all others

Clutch

<---Pass
I haven't spent much time in the rear seat of the newer full size trucks and wanted to hear opinions on the comfort of the rear seat of a crew cab truck (specifically Dodge 1500, but input on other makes are welcome).

I've read that the rear seats of midsize crew cab trucks are pretty awful; pretty much reserved to young kids or very short trips in town for an adult. I'm considering a truck as my next vehicle and even though I mostly need space for 1 kid in a car seat, I want the flexibility to seat a couple adults back there.

Thanks!

Are you the one doing the driving?

If so, who gives a crap if the rear seats are comfortable or not! :D

Heck, we purposely put a super uncomfortable bed in our guest room...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles