Buying some recovery equipment

Coopsdaddy

Observer
Looking to buy some maxtrax and warn m8000 syn,,weres the cheapest place or should i wait till the holidays?
I found maxtrax for a 40 doller difference than tred pros,are they worth the upcharge

Last edited:

GHI

Adventurer
I just purchased a set of Maxtrax from OK4WD. I think the pricing for that item is the same no matter where you purchase from. I believe they also have the winch you are looking at. Shipping was quick. My only complaint is that I ended up buying something else I wasn't shopping for, a Frontrunner camp chair.

I wouldn't wait to buy. I held out on the Maxtrax because of the cost and then I needed them. My wrecker service bill would have paid for a set of the Maxtrax. Now that I have them I assume I will never need them and I'm ok with that.

Umbrarian

Observer
Try a local store. I found little discounting on maxttrax, but I was able to get seller to sweeten pot by adding extras at no charge.

rayra

Expedition Leader
This late in the year, I'd wait for holiday sales.

Too, if you can find what you want on Amazon and can wait, they often fluctuate prices downward 8-20% on stuff on your wish list, trying to induce a purchase. If you have the patience you can often save a good bit of money that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles