Range Rover Series I

Blong7

Is it worth importing a Range Rover Series I? I would source the importing to someone else. I can't seem to find them reasonably priced anywhere in the US.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Range Rover Series 1? Do you mean a Land Rover Series 1 80" or 107"? A Series 1 is difficult to find in the States and if you do, they are either total rust buckets or kept as collector items (no matter what shape they are in). I have a friend who has one that runs and he brings it out on special occasions. He will never sell it.

If you can find one in decent condition, then it is definitely worth importing!

Exploder
This:

1980_land_rover_range_rover-pic-2654-1600x1200.jpeg

or this:

C037-1-Land-Rover-Series-1.jpg

Blong7

Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about the 2 Door Range Rover's (three including the trunk) that they started building in the 70's that they only produced in Europe.

Ray_G

Explorer
Range Rover Classics are what you are talking about and by and large they have gone up in price worldwide as folks recognize there are fewer and fewer.

That said, if you can find a non-rusty 2 door for less than the premium you are now seeing for the NAS RRCs by all means, bring it in-same 25yr rules apply to them as Defenders.
R-
Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about the 2 Door Range Rover's (three including the trunk) that they started building in the 70's that they only produced in Europe.

RRC's are all over here in the US. A 2 door is a little harder to find. Is there any specific reason why you would want a 2 door? Have you ever driven one vs a 4 door vs a 4 door LWB (long wheel base)? Having driven or owned all three, I would choose a LWB any day, all day. The extra 8" of cab space is awesome. A stock LWB will get through any terrain a shorter wheel base 2-door ca do. On the plus side, the early 1995 models have an interior to something that is almost identical to the Discovery 1. Later in 1995 they changed the model altogether, no longer the RRC.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
4 door RRC's can be had all day long. Just checked my local Craig's List and there are 9 within an hours drive of me, ranging from $3500 to $13,900.

Blong7

I appreciate the help. After a load of research and advice digestion, though i have a soft spot for 2 dr's, a 4 dr classic will be more practical. I found one right outside of Seattle with a 300tdi in it (converted from 200 to 300 at 111K miles) that has really caught my attention. Considering I'm on the east coast, I am going to need some more advice and questions answered, which calls for another thread. Thanks again for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles