2013 Tacoma Access Cab with Chinook build

IMG_5747.JPG

The walk through will be big 02rangeredge .... a true offroad class C RV.....the entire back of the cab, about the width of the back window and the cab roof will be cut out to to within 5" of the front of the camper overhang..... the camper floor will continue into the cab into the Access Cab... you will be able to stand up behind the bucket seats with the pop up roof in the up position and be able to enter and exit the camper space from either the back door or from the Access Cab rear suicide doors.
Man, I dont know why my photos are posting sideways....

Between being out of town dealing with some family matters and hurricane Irma my progress has been nil foe a few weeks until yesterday...
Got the Body Armor front winch bumper on. it looks great but not without installation issues. Not exactly the turn key retrofit I had hoped for. There were no mounts for the bottom of the grill... I will have to fabricate some mounts and cut the top of the factory bumper to make use of the clips to secure the grill.... I have not made a winch purchase yet but probably a Warn 9000...

Also the custom back bumper is close to ready. The center hollow portion is for a 3 step Brophy aluminum diamond plate scissor step. I will be able to use the hitch receiver when the steps are removed but the steps will be mostly permanently mounted in the bumper.

I have a couple of underbody mount aluminum diamond plate utility boxes on the way. Now we will be ready to weld the back bumper with the subfloor steel frame with steel structure to mount battery, generator, water tank etc.etc..etc..... it should start coming together now.IMG_5910.JPG
2017-09-18 21.43.34.jpg2017-09-18 21.44.00.jpgIMG_5912.JPGIMG_5891.JPG

I have the Tacoma fit with a temporary flatbed with all the lights, backup camera etc installed for a DMV inspection. I was issued a FL rebuildable title through the salvage auction. I have submitted a substantial application package for a rebuilt title. It included photos of the truck in its wrecked state and documentation of the used parts used in the rebuilding including the diner vehicle's VIN. They want to be sure stolen chop shop vehicle parts are not used. I now must take the truck to have it inspected for road worthiness. Thought it would be easier to do this before the camper was fitted. I am driving it on a temporary tag now. Liking the truck more and more...

IMG_5958.jpgIMG_5957.jpg

1v6pony

Adventurer
I would like to see what you did with the gap at the bottom of the overhead on the fiberglass, where it comes out over the cab to the odd forward slant of the Toyota body their is a good gap their in your previous photos, how did you fill it? This is the only thing that is keeping me from doing something similar with an access cab truck. I already have the Chinook shell, I did look at your other post on recommended sites above.

I would like to see what you did with the gap at the bottom of the overhead on the fiberglass, where it comes out over the cab to the odd forward slant of the Toyota body their is a good gap their in your previous photos, how did you fill it? This is the only thing that is keeping me from doing something similar with an access cab truck. I already have the Chinook shell, I did look at your other post on recommended sites above.

There was a small area to fill in both corners... about 3"x3" with a radius to match the cab. I laminated both sides of a piece of divinicel closed cell foam with fiberglass, like my floors, and caulked it in with black 3M 5200.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
been checking in on your build on TW pretty regularly, and bravo good sir, it looks awesome- but why did you choose to paint the camper white? do you plan on repainting the truck to make it match up or stick with factory paint?

I have embraced my black and white scheme Rangeredge! A black camper would be a solar oven in the tropics... I will post pics when the exterior is done. It is looking pretty spectacular with it painted and the windows installed. All the anodized aluminum diamond plate being installed now.....

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I have embraced my black and white scheme Rangeredge! A black camper would be a solar oven in the tropics... I will post pics when the exterior is done. It is looking pretty spectacular with it painted and the windows installed. All the anodized aluminum diamond plate being installed now.....

I've been watching either way so I know how she looks like as far as you've posted, don't get me wrong it looks good, was just curious about a color match

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles