Problems with River Raider skids.....

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well where to start.. Since moving heavily towards the expo world I have been trying to free up as much cab space as I can. What seemed and hopefully still is a great option, is the River Raider EVAP/Air tank skid. I was hoping to get my air tank and compressor out of the cab and out of the way all while adding the EVAP protection. Ordered the system, check it out all looked good bolt holes lined up so I had it coated. Well guess someone had a bad Monday or a rushed Friday. One of the brackets is completely WRONG... Appears they cut it incorrectly, all the bends line up perfectly but the bolt holes are on the wrong side. I did not notice this at first, also the instructions they sent were not correct. My first though was OK I installed the bracket wrong, but the bracket will only go on one way for the bends to line up.

What do you think?

River Raider picture notice the bracket on the right.
RR Picture.jpg

My system see the difference in the bracket? This will not allow the system to be bolted in.
IMG_4481.jpg

So I guess early in the morning I am going to try to the factory skid back on I had to modify the canister a little to get it to fit the skid but that is not an issue. I really hope they get this resolved quickly, I really like the clean look and the compressor and tank out of the cab. I am going to have the air intake for the compressor piped to pull air from the cabin to eliminate possible sucking water in.

Thanks,
James

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well River Raider acknowledged they build the mounting brackets 180 out. They said they had correct ones built took a couple days to process shipping and about 5 days to receive it. They would not ship it next day just standard USPS. I really wish they would have at least stepped up and shipped it faster to make good on their issue. Over all dealing with their customer support was less than pleasant.

Mitch502

Explorer
I look at them not shipping it next day as a failure to recognize today's culture.

WE want it, and we want it now :) They have likely lost any future business or any recommendations over not wanting to expedite shipping.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well I got the new bracket... I get it things happen but this went un-noticed? Seems like someone might have said something don't quite look right. As far as the shipping yes they could have sent it faster, not a fact if I want it now but I have to hack my OEM skid up to reuse part of it. I explained I need my Jeep as it is a daily driver. They were not concerned, fotunally with Tape, wire and zip ties I was able to get it back together.

IMG_4569.jpg

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Totally not surprised at this. The owner is a tool and that's from my personal interaction with him as well as the opinion of almost everyone I know that has tried to do business with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles