SOLD - Tepui Ayer - Fresno CA - $750 obo

NatersXJ6

Explorer
THANK YOU to everyone that showed interest!!

Selling my Tepui Ayer, blue color, about 3 years old. Maybe 75 nights used (wish it was more).

Sleeping area is 48 x 84. At 6' tall, I find the tent very comfortable and share it with my 2 kids without too much trouble. I've added 2 LED light strips with switches inside the tent. Individually they allow you to read comfortably, together they allow you to simulate alien landings / abductions.

This tent has been awesome through brutal heat, butt-numbing cold, driving snow, low-earth orbit rain, and raging wind. It has served my family very well. Unfortunately, the family is growing, and I am upgrading to a little bit larger tree fort / tent.

The tent is not perfect and new, but it is very comfortable and functional. The travel cover is a little beat up, and the tent is showing a bit of abrasion wear on the corners where the cover contacts during travel. The floor where the ladder contacts is dented up and marked from the rubber floor bumpers (there are lots of threads about this normal wear). I checked the floor, and there are no deep dents. You can see the internal frame, but it is not significant.

I have it currently set up to open off the back of a JKUR and it will clear the rear door if mounted on a Gobi Rack. I never used the original mounting hardware, and you can have that. I currently have it on some unistrut mounts that I made, and we can talk about those if you want. I might need them for my upgrade, and they involved custom welding and drilling.

Overall, this is a great way to start out in a small RTT that will fit comfortably on Jeeps, Subarus, smaller rigs, etc...

I'm open to offers, but only accept cash. The tent is in Fresno, CA. There maybe room for a discussion of delivery within central CA or the north side of LA, but you lose $$ negotiating power if you aren't picking it up at my house.

Thanks for looking, I hope to make your RTT dreams come true.

Best contact is PM here first. I'm working on re-sizing a few photos this weekend and will drop them in soon.

Nate

Last edited:

NatersXJ6

Explorer
With Photos

Hi all,

I realize that I might have hit the market a bit high in price, but I am open to offers. As some have requested, I opened up the tent to take photos. Please find them attached:

jeep in desert.jpg
I started with 2 of them. It was fun.

Kid in tent.jpg
Then went to 1 of them. The kids love it!

IMG_2297 - resized.jpg
The cover is a bit dirty, despite the occasional scrubbing, I think it could use a good hard cleaning.

IMG_2298 - resized.jpg
The cover has 2 of these little holes. I haven't tried to patch them, it really hasn't been necessary.

IMG_2301 - resized.jpg
All 4 corners are showing a little bit of this abrasion. I think it could be stopped with a fabric or leather patch if one desired, but it is in the drip leg around the tent and not structural.

IMG_2304 - resized.jpg
This is the floor under the mattress.

IMG_2305 - resized.jpg
One of the 2 LED strings that I've added. I tried to get a good picture, but they really don't make a huge difference until after dark.

Somehow I missed getting a picture of the marks left by the ladder rubber, and I'm not going to have time to open the tent up again until late in the week. If you are the person who can't stand the idea of a few cosmetic blemishes on something that you are buying used for about 2/3 of a new cost, we probably won't do well in a business deal anyway.

Anyway, thank to all those who have viewed, and PM'd. I hope that we can hook something up soon. I have the tent still mounted so that you can check it out in person before buying.

Thanks,

Nate

Last edited:

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Man, this is so tempting to get but I'm not sure a width of 48" is large enough to sleep 2 adults comfortably. I'm 6"'-1" and around 250 lbs. And then add in my fiancee... who has never been camping.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
you might be surprised. many backpacking tents aren't much wider and have walls that converge in from all 4 sides. the straight side walls and relatively straight slopes of the ends make it seem spacious inside.

for comparison, I am 6' and pushing 235, and sleep comfortably with my wife or my daughter in the tent, although it is a really great size for just 1 person. we keep our clothes and gear in duffels on the front of the roof, the tent opens off the back, so your stuff is under the Rainfly overhang out the front door.

Ultimately I'm upgrading because I now have 2 daughters of camping age, with a third on the way. my wife doesn't go camping with us often (ever) but the girls love it, and when they start playing games or reading or whatever in the tent, they want more room or they keep me awake.

if you are unsure about size, go to Home Depot and buy a cheap sheet of 4x8 styrofoam for about $6. cut 1' off the end with a butcher knife and sleep on the big piece on your floor. I think you'll find it spacious.

either way, thanks for the comments and views.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I'm cross posting to Craigslist locally too. I'm willing to drop into the $650 range at this point for someone who picks up in Fresno. PM me with interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles