ArkPak questions

ROKDKTR

Geo-Explorer
So I picked up an ArkPak 730 and plugged a 105 AH AGM Deep Cycle into it. Seemed to work alright, but I left it running my ARB Freezer the last couple days, freezer is working, but every time I turn the ArkPak display on to check the battery level it asks me if I installed a new battery.

No wires have been switched so is there something wrong with this unit? Any experience with this?

moabian

When you first install a battery, it will ask you what type of battery and, I believe, the amp hour rating. You will need to select battery type and rating. After that, it should not request that info again unless the battery is disconnected.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
So I picked up an ArkPak 730 and plugged a 105 AH AGM Deep Cycle into it. Seemed to work alright, but I left it running my ARB Freezer the last couple days, freezer is working, but every time I turn the ArkPak display on to check the battery level it asks me if I installed a new battery.

No wires have been switched so is there something wrong with this unit? Any experience with this?

If I turn off the ArkPak display (holding power button down), it always asks me if I installed a new battery when I power it up again. You can just select no if you have already set your battery type and capacity... those settings are maintained.

ROKDKTR

Geo-Explorer
If I turn off the ArkPak display (holding power button down), it always asks me if I installed a new battery when I power it up again. You can just select no if you have already set your battery type and capacity... those settings are maintained.

That's what mine does. So it's normal. Excellent. I'm going to run a side by side test with my GZ 1400 soon enough, so I'm learning the details of each units operations.

Thanks!

moabian

Interesting. Aside from being inconvenient, it sounds like a malfunction. I never see that screen unless I have disconnected the battery. I've seen that screen twice...when I installed the initial Odyssey battery, and again when I installed the new LiFePO4 battery.

According to the ArkPak manual, once the battery settings are saved, the battery selection screen you are referring to is bypassed and the main data screen appears when the unit is turned on. From the manual: "If you disconnect the saved battery or connect a new battery, the welcome screen will appear first and you'll need to select 'yes' or 'no' again."

The only reason that screen should appear is if the ArkPak lost connection with the battery. Are these older or newer units? If newer, one of your battery options will be LiFePO4.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Interesting. Aside from being inconvenient, it sounds like a malfunction. I never see that screen unless I have disconnected the battery. I've seen that screen twice...when I installed the initial Odyssey battery, and again when I installed the new LiFePO4 battery.

According to the ArkPak manual, once the battery settings are saved, the battery selection screen you are referring to is bypassed and the main data screen appears when the unit is turned on. From the manual: "If you disconnect the saved battery or connect a new battery, the welcome screen will appear first and you'll need to select 'yes' or 'no' again."

The only reason that screen should appear is if the ArkPak lost connection with the battery. Are these older or newer units? If newer, one of your battery options will be LiFePO4.

The behavior I described is on a first gen ArcPak. Not sure what model number they use for that.

moabian

The behavior I described is on a first gen ArcPak. Not sure what model number they use for that.

Ah...ok. The previous version was the 620. I think the main differences are in the capacity of the inverter and the capability to use LiFePO4 batteries. The 715 and 730 went on sale in August of 2015. The OP indicated his was the 730, so he should not be getting the battery selection screen all the time.

ROKDKTR

Geo-Explorer
I got in touch with ArkPak and they were very helpful, it seems after it went through one full charge cycle it is working perfectly fine and as expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles