Colorado Diesel getting started

MSB

I bought a new Colorado CC diesel this july. I have definitely got the bug to do a trip this September from Florida to the Rocky Mountains.

BFG KO2's on order and new wheel in the garage.
Here are some pics of a custom bed rack for the new CVT tent.

Lots more to do and not much time!!

IMG_0573.jpg

Hagar

Observer
That looks pretty neat!

Nice setup for a long trip. Does the tent open over the tailgate or off to the side of the vehicle?

Hope you enjoy the Colorado, Mine (Aussie version) is extremely reliable after four years

MSB

Mt.-Shasta-Std-GN-600x600.jpg
That looks pretty neat!

Nice setup for a long trip. Does the tent open over the tailgate or off to the side of the vehicle?

Hope you enjoy the Colorado, Mine (Aussie version) is extremely reliable after four years
'

Thanks!,

You can mount it any direction. I would prefer to have it over the tailgate but it has a annex room that goes under the tent and it won't allow tailgate access. So ill mount it to fold out to the passengers side.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
View attachment 414786'

Thanks!,

You can mount it any direction. I would prefer to have it over the tailgate but it has a annex room that goes under the tent and it won't allow tailgate access. So ill mount it to fold out to the passengers side.

out of curiosity why would you want to open over the tailgate? is all of your gear in the cab?

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Hmm, silver, KO2s, bed rack, crew cab, CVT tent....

Mine is a gasser and long bed :) I went with a tall rack so I could still use my rear for storage better. I also thought about having the tent open over the rear, and also didn't do it due to the annex. I've since come to the conclusion that I will most likely never use the annex.... Lol

I like RTTs for speed of set up and break down, the annex defeats that

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

MSB

Hmm, silver, KO2s, bed rack, crew cab, CVT tent....

Mine is a gasser and long bed :) I went with a tall rack so I could still use my rear for storage better. I also thought about having the tent open over the rear, and also didn't do it due to the annex. I've since come to the conclusion that I will most likely never use the annex.... Lol

I like RTTs for speed of set up and break down, the annex defeats that

Enjoy!!

I would like to make my rack taller but it still need to fit in my garage. I am hoping to be able to mount a full size spare under the tent.

MSB

Just found a great winch option. Looks like they are taking orders this week, I'm in for sure. CameraZOOM-20170708102652946__81720.1501368705.jpg

MSB

New BFG KO2s installed on a set of Denali wheels. 2 & 1/2 weeks until my florida to rocky mountains trip begins!

IMG_0622.jpgIMG_0621.jpg

MSB

its awesome love it, hwy speed 34 mpg is best I've seen. lots of low end torque so its great off road.

MSB

The maintenance schedule nothing special. I use Mobil1 and change it myself every 5, but the oil life meter will go longer than than.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles