Trans-Canada: North America and the Canadian Rockies

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Sat down on New Year's Eve and made this short year-end recap video of our summer adventures across Canada. Take homes: Canada is endlessly beautiful, and I need to fly the drone more going forward. Hopefully you guys enjoy the video.

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
The majority was shot in Alberta, Canada.

Initial shots (overland crew lined up, campsite, waterfall) was from the beginning of the trip, a 5 day portion spent in Ontario & Quebec.

Dalko43

Explorer
The majority was shot in Alberta, Canada.

Initial shots (overland crew lined up, campsite, waterfall) was from the beginning of the trip, a 5 day portion spent in Ontario & Quebec.

Trans Canadian Trail in Ontario? Just wondering, because I spent some time travelling that route and I'll likely go back over the next few years.

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Trans Canadian Trail in Ontario? Just wondering, because I spent some time travelling that route and I'll likely go back over the next few years.

Nope! A route I called QB-5, highlighted at the beginning of this thread, based on a few portions of GravelTravel.ca routes. It was approximately what's shown below, and was fantastic if you're looking for local (to upstate NY) overland trips. Easily could have made the route last 5-6 full days on trail at the rate our group was going with kids and families. Happy to send you GPX files if you're interested.

QB-5 Overland Route by 2180miles

Dalko43

Explorer
Nope! A route I called QB-5, highlighted at the beginning of this thread, based on a few portions of GravelTravel.ca routes. It was approximately what's shown below, and was fantastic if you're looking for local (to upstate NY) overland trips. Easily could have made the route last 5-6 full days on trail at the rate our group was going with kids and families. Happy to send you GPX files if you're interested.

QB-5 Overland Route by 2180miles

Thanks for the info. I might take you up on that offer.

Have you considered sending the GPS route to the folks at Gravel Travel as well? I've found it to be a very useful tool for exploring Canada.

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Have you considered sending the GPS route to the folks at Gravel Travel as well? I've found it to be a very useful tool for exploring Canada.

@deadly99 above is Ted who is the guy behind GravelTravel. We've been in touch since (and throughout, since I didn't want to chop up his routes without asking) but I don't think I've sent him this route. I'll have to get him the files one of these days!

Let me know if you do ever end up wanting the file.

Wilbah

Adventurer
So glad I didn't see this until now! It would have frustrated me to see this awesome trip trickle out as you posted it! Great job and wonderful pictures. Thank you for posting it. I'm near Wistah! Ha.

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
So glad I didn't see this until now! It would have frustrated me to see this awesome trip trickle out as you posted it! Great job and wonderful pictures. Thank you for posting it. I'm near Wistah! Ha.

Hey neighbor!

I was really disappointed in myself for how long this took me to write. My blogs during cycling and backpacking trips were always posted the morning after, but for some reason keeping notes and actually having time to sit down on this trip and write wasn't as easy. It's definitely something I have to work on for our next overland trip so I can ensure a more rigid publishing structure.

Thanks for the kind words. Really glad you enjoyed the images and trip report!

Wilbah

Adventurer
Hey neighbor!

I was really disappointed in myself for how long this took me to write. My blogs during cycling and backpacking trips were always posted the morning after, but for some reason keeping notes and actually having time to sit down on this trip and write wasn't as easy. It's definitely something I have to work on for our next overland trip so I can ensure a more rigid publishing structure.

Thanks for the kind words. Really glad you enjoyed the images and trip report!

Im sorry if my comment sounded like a criticism, it wasn't in any way- just the opposite- it was so good that any waiting would have been frustrating!

I totally get how you want the write up to accurately reflect what you experienced and also adding pics is another piece that is time consuming. This was extremely well done. But like a book some times when you're reading a good one you don't want to stop! :)

Safe travels!

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Im sorry if my comment sounded like a criticism, it wasn't in any way- just the opposite- it was so good that any waiting would have been frustrating!

I totally get how you want the write up to accurately reflect what you experienced and also adding pics is another piece that is time consuming. This was extremely well done. But like a book some times when you're reading a good one you don't want to stop! :)

Safe travels!

Oh no, it didn't come off that way at all! My response was more self criticism.

Greatly appreciate the enthusiasm and appreciation for the writing and imagery. I hope to be able to do something annually to this regard.

Do you have any involvement in the New England overland scene?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94