Vegas -> Zion -> Monument Valley -> Silverton -> Telluride -> Flagstaff -> Vegas

daveh

Adventurer
The scenery is beautifully captured in your photos but man, that FJ is outstanding. I could look at pics of that epic build all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tte30m3

Adventurer
Wow nice pix.

Great photos and great story. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome stuff.

Thanks! Appreciate the comments

Awesome photos and trip. Did you have the GPX tracklog of the route?

Nah, the tracks were purchases through the Backcountry Navigator App

great pics and an area I have been too and enjoyed also
Just like you we escape the desert heat in the summer and Colorado always rewards us
thanks for posting and keep the trip reports coming

Outstanding.

Excellent photography.

Did the same trip through the San Juans 2 summers ago. Can't wait to get back. About the only difference, we HQ'd out of Ouray on the road to Yankee Boy Basin.

Nice trip report.
Thanks for sharing.

Yes love following along this adventure! Keep posting!

Thanks for sharing; great photos. Two summers ago I did a solo motorcycle trip (sport tourer, not an adventure bike) through many of these areas (plus northern New Mexico), and while it was amazing in its own way, I repeatedly kept thinking, "I must come back here and go off-roading...." I have every intention of doing just that in the next couple years (this time with family and hopefully some friends to share the experience with), but trip reports like this make me want to get in my truck and start driving immediately, heh.

Beautiful pics, and amazing truck.

Great trip and some awesome photos. I like your truck too.

I love that area and super cool you guys could combine Utah and Colorado its such a contrast but so close in proximity.

tte30m3 Your first pic could be a postcard. Absolutely some of the best trips photos I have seen here.

The scenery is beautifully captured in your photos but man, that FJ is outstanding. I could look at pics of that epic build all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! We are lucky in Vegas, we can drive to some amazing spots within about 4-5 hours. Forrest, ocean, desert, dunes, rivers, national parks, etc

Nice pics! Was your FJ built by The FJ Company?

Lol, no. I built it in my garage. I started it before the FJ Company was around, and they don't put V8's in their trucks. Although, they were asking me some questions about it at Overland Expo West!

LiveWire64

Amazing pictures! Looks like a real nice trip.
Is there a link to your Land Cruiser build? Your entire setup looks nice. Love the triple wipers
I did that to mine in the 90's.

mass

Observer
Just did a very similar trip, thoroughly enjoyed your photos... you have a knack for it! Keep exploring.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Awesome adventure and the best Landcruiser I've ever seen.
I had a '73 with gutless 6 cyl,no power steering and it despised Pemex.
Thanks

Rplamann

Just have to echo the other comments that these are some amazing photos! I also haven't seen your build thread on your FJ before either, and I am in awe at the build!! Thanks for sharing!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94