Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CAISOB 2012 Tacoma Overland Build

It's been a while since my last update, but I've been continuously working on the truck.

I replaced the Goodyear Adventure AT's (275/65-18) with Falken Wildpeak AT3W's (275/70-18). This required some trimming to the inner fender liner and the rear of the front fender flares.

Next, I revised the bed rack (again). I busted out the Harbor Freight Mig (aka spatter gun) and burned some pieces of unistrut together. I also added some LED cubes on the rear corners of the bed to help when setting up camp after dark. They also come in handy for adding a little more light when backing up at night. The bedrack has bars running front to back to hold my shovel, axe, and Hi-Lift. I also picked up an OutSunny awning from Amazon and got that mounted up today.

I ordered a set of 4x Innovations weld-on sliders that were mounted this past weekend. I painted them on Monday. If I had it to do over again, I would have painted them before mounting. Each slider is wearing one full can of primer, a can of Rust-Oleum bedliner, and 1.5 cans of Rust-Oleum Industrial gloss black.

I ordered a Pelfreybilt hidden winch mount to hold the Smittybilt XRC 9500 winch I picked up. That should be here Friday and (hopefully) installed this weekend.

I also ordered a high clearance bumper with swingout tire carrier and dual jerry can holder from SOS. I'm expecting that to be ready sometime in January or early February.

Now to the pictures!

I got started on my rock light install yesterday afternoon. I apologize for the potato pics. I was too lazy to dig out the good camera.

Front to back:
    In front of front tire:

Behind front tire:

In front of rear tire:

Behind rear tire:

I need to finish wiring this morning, and I have a few other things on the agenda as well.

The behind front tire... Looks like that lense is going to get a good amount of activity from the front tire kicking up first, etc. the mount is super clean, but i think that lense is going to get thrashed.
    Last edited by bkg; 01-09-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bkg View Post
    The behind from tire... Looks like that lense is going to get a good amount of activity from the front tire kicking up first, etc. the mount is super clean, but i think that lense is going to get thrashed.
    It very well might. Luckily, I bought 30 and have only used 8 so far.

Well, I had a productive day. Had to leave a couple more projects on the back burner, but I'm happy with my progress.

Here are the rock lights lit up at night. I may make some adjustments, but, for the most part, I'm happy with them.

I also installed the Pelfreybilt hidden winch mount, Smittybilt XRC 9500 winch with Factor 55 Flat Link, and N-Fab light bar mount.

Yesterday, I ran power to the bed for a couple of projects. First, I installed a set of lights for the bed. Instead of going under the rail, I mounted them to the bedrack.

Next, I added a power bank in the bed, including switched USB outlets & voltmeter and a constant on 12v plug. You can see the push button switch for the bed lights in the upper right below.

After, I loaded up the truck and went camping up in Daytona. I was supposed to do 2 nights, but a 70% chance for rain and temp projections in the 40's made me rethink that.

Here are some pics from the campsite, as well as a few from around Tiger Bay State Forest and Tomoka WMA.

This was on a portion of the old Pershing Highway, a brick road built in 1917 to connect DeLand to Daytona Beach.

On one of the trails out in Tomoka WMA. I got some exploring in, but not as much as I would have liked. There were a lot of hunters out there and I made sure to do everything I could to not disturb their hunts.

A couple of twisted trees. Their trunks are almost parallel. Very strange.

How do you like the Trasharoo on your tailgate? Can you use it with the gate open or only closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus26 View Post
    How do you like the Trasharoo on your tailgate? Can you use it with the gate open or only closed?
    I like it. I'll be happier when I get my new rear bumper with swingout tire carrier though. With the tailgate down, the bag is horizontal, but you can still toss trash in there. I haven't had anything fall out, unless it is getting close to being full.

So, after doing my winch install and relocating my lightbar, I found that the lightbar was trying to communicate with aliens.

https://youtu.be/wZj7gUIO-2k?t=5s

I replaced it with 3x 12" bars

Here are some pics of the front end all lighted up.

From inside:
    Headlights only
    IMG_7692 by lmarshall73, on Flickr

Headlights and fogs
    IMG_7693 by lmarshall73, on Flickr

Headlights, fogs, and lightbars
    IMG_7694 by lmarshall73, on Flickr

Headlights, fogs, lightbars, and ditch lights
    IMG_7695 by lmarshall73, on Flickr

From the front
    IMG_7700 by lmarshall73, on Flickr

Minus ditch lights