Thermostat / 3.5L / SOHC / G.25: OEM, or is AISIN alright?

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
Did not find what I was looking for... Is the AISIN THM012 [from RA] as good as the MITSUBISHI MD350415 [OEM]?

Both are specified as being 88°C / 190°F...

P0125 code is popping up... new O2 Sensors... new Thermostat [AISIN]... new, new, new... TB, WP, hoses, gaskets, seals, etc.

Anyone care to share their wisdom?

Thanks for your consideration,

Wm.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Aisin is more than likely what came in it from the factory anyway, most of the "factory-boxed" parts are more often than not going to be a re-boxed outside supplier other than Mitsubishi, but I suppose some folks feel better sleeping at night with an "OEM" part on their vehicle that may or may not have been made in China.

kalieracer

Observer
Aisin is just fine. 190 degree is 88c. Last couple factory ones I have gotten are NTC.

Did not find what I was looking for... Is the AISIN THM012 [from RA] as good as the MITSUBISHI MD350415 [OEM]?

P0125 code is popping up... new O2 Sensors... new Thermostat [AISIN]... new, new, new... TB, WP, hoses, gaskets, seals, etc.

Anyone care to share their wisdom?

Thanks for your consideration,

Wm.

Last edited:

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
I get this code when I run no thermostat at all (coolant flush). My guess is that either the temp sender is unplugged, or there is a large bubble up top by the sender.

I'm sure you are aware, but coolant needs to be added until it comes out of BOTH of the bleeders bolt holes up top by the t-stat.

EDIT: I bought a Murray t-stat and it was wimpy compared to OEM. I returned it and bought OEM (which is probably Aisin anyway). Make sure the "jiggle valve" is at the top as well to allow air to pass through if needed.

KyleT

Explorer
I bought a cheapo one from o Reilly and it was a made in German Motorad in the box. I run 170* though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz